45

After seeing Gato's face, Soana had her fists clenched and felt her anger thriving more than ever.

Her and Zuko had been outside of a cell, guarding it and keeping a lookout for anyone coming while Sokka was in the cell with his supposed girlfriend, Suki, who is a leader of the Kyoshi Warriors.

The princess let her nagging thoughts get the best of her, so she started to look around for Gato's cell.

"Soana! Where are you going?" Zuko questioned, whispering.

"I'll only be five minutes. It won't take long."

Zuko huffed.
"No! You have to stay here and help me keep guard!"

"Seriously, Zuko, what could happen in five minutes?" Soana rolled her eyes.

Zuko had no response but to scoff and stare straight as he guarded the door, alone.

Soana then decided to branch off to head down the isle of cells where giant metal doors covered each room.

There were a couple of cells that held prisoners who were asleep, but there were a few who were still awake, sending the princess kissing noises from their lips and cat calling her.

She shriveled, feeling very uncomfortable until the fury arose as she stumbled upon the cell Gato was in.

As he slept peacefully, Soana grabbed the metal door and yanked on it, letting the door slide open. She then stepped in and closed the door behind her, however, Gato never woke up from the noise.

She went over to his bedside and scrunched her face. It disgusted her to see his face so relaxed after the trouble he's caused for Soana and her friends.

The princess deeply breathed as she took her hands, grabbed Gato by his tattered red tunic, and threw him to the floor, immediately waking him rudely.

Gato then went into an instant shock, breathing deeply and shuffling on the metal floors to get away.

"Long time, no see, Gato." She sighed, then used the toe of her boot to kick it into his side.

Gato coughed and knocked himself to the floor and writhed in pain.

"Soana," He mumbled through his groggy breath as he made eye contact with her blue ones.

"Seriously, Gato, how can you sleep at night, knowing how much pain you've inflicted on many innocent people?"

She sent another kick, but this time it was against his hip. Gato let out a whimper mixed with a groan.

"You sided with the wrong people, Gato. The Boiling Rock isn't punishment enough for your crimes. You tried to kill my friends and leave Reid an orphan. How dare you try to make a young boy an orphan!"

The earth bender grit his teeth and managed to grumble.
"I didn't want to do it! I knew Yuri and Sueh. They were just as good of friends to me as they were to you. And I would never try to hurt Reid by taking away his mom. The guilt haunts me constantly, believe it or not."

"I'm having a hard time believing that. The way you treated me and Zuko in Ba Sing Se makes me think you're no longer capable of remorse."