31

It was the next day when Soana and Zuko awoken late in the morning. With the two of them being up nearly all night finding out the secret Iroh had sent to Zuko, they grew exhausted until they opened their eyes to a guard banging on their chamber door.

Zuko lifted his head from Soana's hair and removed himself from bed.

"Who is it?" She questioned, stirring in bed.

"I don't know." Zuko answered then let the door ajar when he got to it.

As the prince spoke to the guard, Soana fluttered her eyes open and kicked the warm blankets from her body.

She grabbed a robe that was near her bedside and wrapped it around her body and fastened it with a strap.

She rubbed away the tiredness in her eyes and went to the balcony that over looked part of the capital and the threshold of the palace.

She blinked multiple times, hoping that what she was seeing wasn't an illusion. A crimson carriage with gold trim was being pulled by a dragon moose. The carriage stopped and out came two men in guard uniforms and a little boy Soana had immediately recognized.

"Reid!" She gasped.

Zuko closed the door after talking to the guard to see his wife standing on the balcony with a hand over her grin.

"Zuko!" She called excitedly.
"Reid's here!"

Zuko gave her a half smirk and leaned against the archway.
"I know."

She knitted her brows as they stared at each other.

"Why is he here?" She interrogated.

"I thought Azula told you I was taking him under my wing?"

"She mentioned it, but," She paused.
"Are we ready to take care of him?"

The was a moment of silence until Soana shook her head.
"You know what, it doesn't matter." She grinned widely. "He's here!"

Soana then darted towards the door. Zuko widened his eyes.
"Aren't you going to get dressed!" He called.

"Who cares!" She said, yanking open the door and dashing through the corridor.

Soana passed many guards in armor who gave her concerning looks, being in her night robe and barefoot and acting frantic.

She simply ignored each one until one of the guards at the tall red door saw her bolting towards them. Their eyes grew fearful and quickly opened the door while bowing at the same time.

"Thank you!" Soana grinned and dashed out the door, making the guard sigh in relief.

The princess stepped onto the stairs of the palace to see Reid being escorted by the two Fire Nation who were in the carriage with him.

"Princess Soana," Both guards stopped before her and bowed respectfully.

When they bowed, Reid caught a glimpse of Soana and ran around the guards swiftly. They simply ignored the child's excitement and turned to guard the princess and Reid.