48

"Zuko?" Soana whispered, going to the prince's cell

She looked through the slit in the door to see the cell was empty. Worry festered in her as she back away in panic.

She took a deep breath to relieve herself of the emotion but deep down it was still growing with angst.

Distressed, Soana sprinted to the second level where Sokka was in the same cell as Suki. The second she arrived at the door, she peered through the slit where she stopped Suki and Sokka from having a tender moment together.

"Sokka? Where's Zuko? Why isn't he in his cell?"

A bit bothered, Sokka turned to the princess.
"Two guards took him somewhere. I don't know what for, but I'm sure he will be back soon."

"Sokka, if two guards took him then that doesn't mean he will be fine. Zuko's in trouble."

Sokka groaned, hugging Suki.
"Soana, he's fine. I know Zuko well enough that he can get himself out of any situation."

"Hey! You!"

Soana heard a deep voice boom through the second level.
She turned only to notice a guard heading her way. Anxiety itched again as Soana felt the need to run away, but it was too late by the time the guard had approached her.

"You're wanted by a visitor."

Soana raised her brows.
"A visitor?"

"Come with me."
The guard spoke with irritation.

The princess followed the guard to a cell block that looked to be more private. The cells were more spacious and there were no slits in the doors. The only thing that looked the same was the amount of guards patrolling the other levels above.

The guard stopped in front of a closed cell and opened it for her to walk in.

Sitting in the chair placed in the center of the cell with a flame of light above him was Zuko. He didn't dare to look up at Soana for guilt had consumed him.

Concerned, Soana went to Zuko slowly before the door slammed shut behind her.

"Hello, Princess." A raspy feminine voice spoke.

Soana was spooked by a familiar face standing in the corner of the room nearby.
"Mai." The princess frowned upon the girl with long black shiny hair. "What're you doing here?"