39

In the early morning, Zuko and Aang was readying for their journey to the Sun Warrior ruins

In the early morning, Zuko and Aang was readying for their journey to the Sun Warrior ruins. Dawn rose at the same time as Soana to bring Reid to to Appa since they were taking him on the journey.

The princess rubbed her tired eyes as she saw Zuko jumping down from Appa's saddle.

He softly grinned as Reid sprinted towards the sky bison's tail and leaped onto it.

Soana went to the prince and brought him into her arms abruptly.
"Please, be safe."

"The place has been abandoned for a long time. What's the worst that can happen?" He chuckled, rubbing his palms against her back.

The two pulled away and looked at each other.
"If you don't come back Sueh and I are coming for you."

Zuko saw a piece of her hair in front of her forehead and moved it out of the way with the back of his hand.

"You're adorable when you're protective." He said in his raspy voice.

Soana punched her fist against his shoulder in a playful way.
"I'm not being protective." She insisted, sighing.
"I just feel very uneasy. What if something happens?"

"Nothings going to happen, Soana. We will be fine."
Zuko assured the princess.

Aang leaped onto the sky bison's head gracefully with the help of his air bending, and sat the crook of his neck while turning to the prince.
"Zuko, are you ready?"

He glanced at Aang.
"Yes," Then he looked back to Soana.
"I have to go. I love you."

Soana moved her eyes to the floor.

Zuko sighed when he noticed how she flinched at his words.
"I know you're not ready. It's fine. We can work on that when we come back after a day."

The prince then pulled away from his wife's arms and went to the sky bison's platypus-like tail and climbed on the saddle with Reid.

"Adventure awaits!" Reid shouted.
"Yip yip!"

"Woah, wait!"
Aang held onto Appa's reigns as the sky bison took off on Reid's command.

Soana giggled lightly as she watched them soar away from the Western Air Temple until they disappeared over the edge of the cliff above.

The princess sighed, feeling the distance between her and the prince getting farther and farther.

"It's a bit early for you to be up."