36

"Has anyone seen Toph?" Katara asked everyone who was gathered around the fire

"After she stormed off the way she did I haven't seen her since." Sueh answered.

Katara groaned and placed herself next to Soana who stared at the flames, her head held high.

"I don't blame her one bit for her running off."

"Soana," Katara said, gaining the princess' attention for speaking so soft.
"I'm sorry for the way I yelled at you earlier. It wasn't right of me to speak to you with such ignorance, but you have to understand that Zuko isn't to be trusted."

"I understand your grudges with him. I see clearly." Soana spoke. "He was trying to capture Aang for the longest time and was willing to do anything to get him even if that meant he'd get his hands dirty."

Katara removed her gaze from Soana and narrowed it at the flames of the campfire.

"But you have to understand the way he was raised with his father being so narcissistic, his sister perceiving to be psychotic, and having no mother to nurture him throughout part of his childhood; It's truly terrible. I understand what it's like to grow up without a mother, Katara, and apparently you do too. You're always taking responsibility and never being able to have fun because you're just too busy being a mother figure.

However, after her disappearance Zuko had been burned and banished by his father for speaking out of turn at the age of thirteen. Aang's not even thirteen yet. Imagine being him and having to be casted out by the people you call family."

"That's not our problem." Katara growled.

Sokka stared at Soana across the fire.
"Yeah, we have our own lives to deal with. Zuko's just going to either slow it down or make it more complicated."

"Can everyone just shut up for five minutes about Zuko?" Reid rolled his eyes.

Sueh raised her brows.
"You're only seven. How are you already getting an attitude?"

"I turned eight last week." He remarked.
"About Zuko -I didn't trust him-, but I had to so I could get out of the volcano with Soana. He can be a huge jerk sometimes, but he was nice enough to let me stay with him when I thought everyone was dead, so I kind of trust him, I guess?"

Aang looked at Reid in amazement.
"I think I understood that, but I'm not quite sure?"

Reid sighed and kicked his feet out to the fire to warm his soles.