47

Soana led Zuko back to his cell before enclosing themselves together.

"Thank the spirits." Soana gasped.
"They're alive and well."

Zuko smiled softly, gazing at the princess' delightful grin. She took of her helmet to let her brown locks flow freely.
"I'm so happy Sokka chose to stay! I get to bring Reid his mother back, and Sokka and Katara will have their father again." She paused as her grin fell, suddenly thinking of her own father.

Zuko saw her emotion fading and became worried.
"What's wrong?"

"It's just that," She sighed.
"Everyone is suddenly getting their parents back while my own father hasn't seen me since the night I left. I hope he's doing fine. I wish he knew how I was."

"Can't exactly send a letter without getting caught. The Fire Nation does go through each piece of mail that goes through the postal carriers." Zuko frowned to sympathize with Soana.

"Knowing my father he's probably still upset with me. However, I'm glad I did run away. If I didn't then I wouldn't have been on the wild adventures I've had. I wouldn't have met Yuri, Gato, or Reid. Heck, I wouldn't have befriended the Avatar and his friends. In a way, what I'm trying to say is thank you, Zuko. Thank you for being such a jerk to me. If it wouldn't have been for you then I would be stuck at the North Pole with my father's boring advisors."

The two chuckled humorously before she spoke again.
"I do miss my father though."

Zuko sent her a soft grin and grabbed for her hands to gently caress them.
"Maybe when this happens to lighten up, you can send him a letter or something?"

"I'd like that."

She let her eyes meet with his gold ones before he placed a gentle kiss to her lips. Soana wanted it to last longer but he pulled away too fast, making her chased after his lips.

She paused, seeing how close her face was to his, so he brought himself to meet her halfway before they locked together perfectly.

Soana released a satisfying moan as she felt his hands releasing from hers to glide up the armor that was around her waist.

"Zuko," She hummed against his mouth before she pulled away slightly.
"Not right now."

She breathed so heavily that her chest was visibly rising and falling. The prince looked at her almost offended, but he complied before letting go of her waist.
"I'm sorry." He spoke weakly.

"Don't be." She shook her head but shrugged slightly to lighten the situation.
"I'd rather not remember that our first moment together was in a prison cell at the Boiling Rock."

Zuko chuckled genuinely as she capture the moment mentally.
"Understandable."

The princess then backed away with a faint smile before putting on her helmet and sliding the cell door open so she could leave.

"I'm gonna stop by Yuri's cell to see how she's doing. Maybe after we got off of this island we could continue where we left off?"

"Really?" He formed just smile into a smirk.

"Yes, so be prepared to light a lot of candles." She giggled then slid the door shut.