1.

C H A P T E R
O N E:

The days always start off the same for Jungkook. Nothing was out of the ordinary and he wasn't planning for major changes any time soon. Jungkook woke up as soon as the first ring of his alarm went off, and he sits up in his bed, his dark brown hair sticking up in different places. Tiredly, he drags his body out of his bedroom and into the bathroom where he almost trips over his baby sister, "Minnie! Watch out!" Jungkook groans, picking her up and taking her to his parents room.

"Mum...Minnie keeps crawling everywhere!" Minnie gurgles, and tries to pull off Jungkook's nose before hiccuping and giggling. Jungkook ruffles the slight hair that she does have and hands her over his dad. "I'm sorry Jungkook, she's going to want to crawl. You were the exact same." Jungkook's father chuckles at the memory of Jungkook barely learning how to crawl.

"Thanks dad," Jungkook days dryly before leaving the room. But before he leaves, he kisses his sister and waves his parents goodbye. "Bye Mum!" Jungkook hears a groan in response, and snickers. His mum never was an early bird.

Walking over the bathroom, he finally begins to start his day. First by brushing his teeth.

By the time Jungkook was done, the sun had fully come up, and the day was looking brighter than before. He smiles brightly when he hears the sound of tweeting birds. Ever since he was a child he had found the sound of morning chirps so relaxing. Jungkook then begins to pack his bag, placing all of his books neatly in, and then making sure that his inhaler was in his bag.

Asthma was an issue Jungkook has had to deal with ever since he was a child, amongst many others in the world. He had always believed that shortness of breath was such an inconvenient thing to have as it always restricted him from doing even the simplest of things, such as sports or even talk to fast.

Sighing, he starts to move downstairs, trying not to slip on the banisters of the staircase. "Jungkook? Baby are you leaving already?" Jungkook turns around to the sound of his mother, she is wearing a wooly bathrobe with fluffy slippers, and just like Jungkook's, her hair was sticking up in many different directions.

Jungkook walks back up the stairs slowly, and places a kiss against his mother's cheek, "no mum. I need to eat and then I'll be leaving for school." She nods with tired eyes before handing him some lunch money, "be safe and study hard." He smiles at his mother before walking downstairs and into the dark kitchen.

He begins by opening all of the blinds, bringing some light into the room, and then he opens the garden door; allowing fresh air to enter the house. Jungkook makes some toast, and pours himself a hearty glass of orange juice before standing at the doorway of his garden.

Fresh air in the morning was also very important to the brown haired boy, he believes that fresh air first thing in the morning could brighten up a person's day.

After he finishes, he cleans up, locking the garden door and putting everything away. With one more glance towards his kitchen, he leaves and is on his way to school.

---

As much as Jungkook loves winter, walking to school in the cold weather was something he had always disliked. Especially when the cold would first attack his fingers, trailing up to around everywhere else on his body like a harsh plague. Shivering, he sighs in relief at seeing his school, "finally some warmth," he mutters to himself, rushing in.

On his way in, harsh shoulders nudge past him, making him slam into the door. Raising his shocked eyes, he sees the broad back of Kim Taehyung. Jungkook looks down to his feet and continues walking.