5.

C H A P T E R
FIVE:

"Wendy, if you think that your clothes are going to fit me then you are highly mistaken," Jungkook says, staring at the small top Wendy just handed him with wide eyes. It was morning now, and Jungkook hadn't brought any spare clothes, so he was depending on Wendy's clothes for the day. So far, it was not going so well. The red hair didn't turn as red as Jungkook thought it was going to, it was more of a "ripe cherry", as Wendy had explained. Secondly, it didn't match with anything Wendy had in her wardrobe, apart from bright leather pants that still had the tag on them. And lastly, Wendy looked way better than Jungkook, with her red hair framing her face, and the rest of her jet black hair hung in loose coils, she could match in anything right now.

Sighing, Jungkook flops on her bed, lying on the pile of clothes underneath him, he looks at Wendy, "I'm just not going school today. And tomorrow. And the day after. Good bye Wendy, you will never see me again after I crawl into a whole and die there," Jungkook exaggerates.

Wendy flicks her hair. Jungkook could already see the confidence blooming from her aura like a rose in spring, he knew that it would be a matter of days before the two of them would walk the school halls, standing their ground. She stares at Jungkook with soft eyes, before they glaze over in thought. Sighing, Jungkook sits up, staring at all the clothes around him. He is absolutely hopeless.

Even though Wendy had styled his hair into a side parting, one side almost covering his eye, his hair curling upwards. He couldn't help but feel like he made the wrong decision.

"Oh my god Jungkook! I have literally the most perfect idea!" Jungkook's eyes move up to Wendy who's rummaging around in her sock draw, she looks around some more before she pulls out a red bandana. She walks over to Jungkook, finding different ways for him to wear it, "just because you have red on you, does mean that everything has to match, you can have accents," she says, folding it in half. "Wendy this isn't going to work," Jungkook whines, trying to move out of Wendy's tight hold. "Jungkook can you just trust me! And don't worry!"

Jungkook quietens down after Wendy raises her voice at him. "What shoes did you come to my house in?" Jungkook thinks about it for a moment, "my Vans," he answers shortly. "What colour?"

"Red."

"There you go! We have a starting point," Wendy smiles, moving over to her wardrobe, trying to find something else for Jungkook to wear, so far he was wearing jeans and socks...so not the best start, but Jungkook was slowly starting to regain hope in his best friend. Wendy pulls out a black t-shirt and throws it at Jungkook, hitting him on his face.

"Put that on, and I'll look for something to go on top of it."

Jungkook quickly gets up, wearing the top, surprisingly, it's really baggy, so he tucks it in, "Wendy what size is this?" Jungkook asks, inspecting himself in the mirror. Wendy walks out with a red plaided shirt, "um...the largest size of a t-shirt that I own," she says handing him the shirt.

"Hear wear this, but don't button it, and don't worry this I wear in a dress, so it should be really baggy on you." Jungkook complies, sliding on the shirt. He was really starting to come together, and he kind of liked it.

Staring closer at himself in the mirror, he saw himself. He didn't know why he expected a grand reveal, for some reason the day before he believed that abruptly he would change and he'd love it. But in the present, looking at himself in the mirror, he liked it. Just seeing himself with a different hair colour and a different style of clothes, it really made him feel better about himself.