15.

C H A P T E R
FIFTEEN:

Jungkook can't stop himself from crying. His embarrassment shoots through his veins when he realizes that Taehyung is cradling, but even that can't stop the tears from falling rapidly, or the pain in Jungkook's heart. Taehyung's eyes widen when he realizes that Jungkook can't stop, so he holds the small boy even tighter in his large arms, never letting him go. He places his chin on Jungkook's head softly, closing his eyes. The blue eyed boy finds comfort where he's trying to give comfort. Jungkook latches onto Taehyung's baggy shirt, rocking back and forth, eyes swollen.

The two boys hold each other a little longer, before Taehyung tries to back away from the smaller boy to take a good look at Jungkook. However, Jungkook makes grabby hands to Taehyung, forcing him back into an embrace. Taehyung's heart paces when Jungkook's tighten around him, "I'm sorry," Jungkook sniffles, his sweater paws wrapped around Taehyung. Taehyung is in shock, not expecting Jungkook to even want to be near his embrace. Taehyung shakes  his head, burying his nose in the smaller boys neck. "It's okay Jungkook...if you're comfortable enough, do you maybe want to tell me what's up?"

Jungkook moves away from Taehyung, staring down at his thin fingers, shaking his head, "...I don't want to burden you, plus you wouldn't understand," the cherry haired boy stammers out, voice small and brittle, like one touch was ready to break it permanently. Taehyung observes Jungkook's body language, seeing that the boy was pent up and full of his emotions. Taehyung shuffles close to Taehyung, leaning against the door, staring at the back of Jungkook's red head. "Sometimes Jungkook, it's better to make someone who doesn't understand, understand – rather than bottle up your emotions and then soon implode."

Jungkook doesn't say anything in return, but sniffles, wiping his eyes with his sweater covered fingers, "I've already imploded...but thanks Taehyung, for trying." Taehyung sighs, "well, let me tell you something. When my dad left, and...I pushed you away stupidly, I had no one. My mum...she had no one too but we could never connect over being lonely. We couldn't become close because she knew that I was always going to be much closer to my dad. However looking back, the stupidest thing I did, was not admitting to her how much the divorce affected me, and how lonely I was."

Jungkook looks up to Taehyung with wide eyes, his fingers tingle when he he sees Taehyung looking back at him with a fire in his blue eyes. Jungkook mouth opens and closes like a fish out of water, "Taehyung...I don't know what to say." Taehyung shrugs, standing up, "I'm not asking you to say anything at all. I don't want you to pity me, or hate me, even though you have all the reason to. I'm just showing you that maybe it's better to open up before it gets harder in the long run."

Again, Jungkook is flabbergasted at Taehyung's wise words. He stares up at Taehyung, eyes wide. Taehyung smiles softly and offers the cherry haired boy a hand, "I'm not going to bite," he laughs. Jungkook looks back and forth between Taehyung's hand and his own, before softly placing his small one on Taehyung's larger one softly. Taehyung wraps his hand around Jungkook's tightly, helping the smaller boy to stand up. "I figure if you're going to open up, then we have a lot to talk about." Jungkook's puffy eyes look down at the floor, before he nods quickly, moving to sit on his bed.

Taehyung follows after the smaller boy, sitting next to him, leaving a thin gap in between them. Jungkook fiddles with his fingers before sighing, looking up to the ceiling. Taehyung doesn't say anything, giving Jungkook the moment of silence, to allow his own thoughts to die over before he decided to speak. But Jungkook felt suffocated with the silence, so he room a brave deep breath, and turned to Taehyung, "every now and then, I fall into this deep dark pit, and I don't know how to get out of it. I do stupid things that I know I'm going to regret after an hour. But I don't know how to ask for help,"