18.

C H A P T E R
EIGHTEEN:

Jungkook, Jin, Hoseok and Wendy are walking around the site, Jungkook didn't want to be holed up in his room, and his three friends didn't want to stay inside like they always did. They walk over to the small coffee table where the four grab their coffees, and hold the cups tightly to feel some warmth on their fingers. "I don't know why God decided to make the cold but I don't respect him for it," Hoseok shivers, his teeth chattering. Wendy snuggles closer to him as they walk and Jin rolls his eyes.

Jungkook sees this and nudges him slightly, "what's up?" Jungkook asks, walking closer to the blonde boy. Jin just shakes his head, looking down towards his feet. But Jungkook wasn't buying it. Normally, Jin was the liveliest one out of all four of them, but today he was even more silent than a kitten meeting it's new family for the first time. So Jungkook dragged Jin away from Hoseok and Wendy, pulling him as they walked ahead of the couple behind them. Jin rolls his eyes again and says, "okay, but did you need to physically drag me?"

Jungkook sighs and asks, "yes. Now seriously, what's up? You've been rolling your eyes everytime Hoseok and Wendy do some cute couple shit. And don't think I haven't noticed, because it's not only that, your attitude and mood has been so down. So are you going to tell me what's up? Or am I going to have to force it out of you?" Jin's shoulders slump as he sighs, "it's seriously nothing...but if you're so persistent, I'll have you know," Jin begins, leaning closer and whispering to Jungkook as they walked around randomly, "I'm quite sad that Hoseok has someone, and I don't."

Jungkook stares at a blushing Jin. That's the first time in their friendship, that Jungkook has ever seen Jin blush, or even mention anything to do with his romantic love life. When Jungkook doesn't say anything, Jin takes that as his moment to try and explain himself, "it's not like I'm jealous...well maybe it is, it's just that, I've been waiting so long for the right person, and seeing all of my friends find their person, just makes me a little bit sad that I can't find my person...do you understand what I mean Jungkook?"

Jungkook nods quickly, taking in all of Jin's words. So Jin felt...lonely? Jungkook smiles at Jin reassuringly, "hey listen you long legged blonde lollipop, the more you worry about trying to find someone, the more they cast adrift from accidentally stumbling into your life. So don't you worry, and have a little faith in fate. Maybe you will meet someone soon. Maybe they're just right around the corner," Jungkook says, hugging Jin from the side. Jin smiles softly still feeling a bit down, "hey Jin, do me a favour, and don't ever pull a Ted Mosby on yourself."

That gets Jin laughing, and soon the blonde boy is throwing is head back in laughter, "I swear, Lily is one of the best characters. She was like the mom of the group, and it was destiny how her and Marshall met." Jungkook agrees with Jin, "for me, the best character is Marshall. For him, everything was so funny...apart from when his dad passed away. That scene almost killed me on the inside. It was worse than when Lily left Marshall and he was so broken." Jungkook solemnly nods at the memory of an episode from his favorite show.

Jin snickers when he says, "do you think destiny is real?" Jungkook shrugs, "I mean, if destiny is meant to happen, then it should happen. Like for example, that episode where Jeannette met Ted, and kept saying that she couldn't stand the idea of not meeting him. It turned out that it wasn't destiny that brought them together. But if Jeannette meant to start that fire, then wouldn't that be her creating her own destiny? So I'm retrospect, yes, I do believe in destiny. Like any other average Joe out there," Jungkook finishes, Jin looks down at his younger with a smile. He ruffles Jungkook's cherry red hair, "you really are a wise one, aren't you?"