6.

C H A P T E R
SIX:

It was the day that Jungkook's class were leaving for the residential, he was all packed and ready to leave the comfort of his own home for a month. Jungkook stares out of his wonder, looking at all of the rain falling from the sky, and splashing into puddles on the concrete slabs on the ground. "I swear it's a sign that I shouldn't be going," Jungkook mutters to himself, grabbing at the scarf around his neck tightly, already feeling the cold, even thought he was outside. Jungkook shivers, feeling extremely cold.

"Maybe I can say I caught a cold, and I can no longer go?" But the minute he asks himself that, an image of Wendy surfaces in his mind, and he starts to feel very guilty. Sighing, he moves away from the window. Jungkook definitely can't get out of this.

"Jungkook! Jungkook? Are you ready to leave?" Jungkook's father pokes his head into Jungkook's room, "yes dad, I'll be down in a minute," Jungkook replies, smiling at his father. His father returns the smile, and heads downstairs. Jungkook decides to look at himself in the mirror, "you just had to pick geography, didn't you?" He asks himself, shaking his head.

He then leaves, grabbing his suitcase and bag, descending down the stairs. He places his big suitcase at the bottom of the stairs, near the front door and heads into the kitchen where he sees his father making breakfast for himself and his mother. "It's going to be a long drive Jungkook, so make sure you eat."

Jungkook nods, his throat stating to feel dry, he opens the fridge and takes out a bowl of strawberries, slowly starting to eat them one by one. After a while Jungkook sees his mother walk into the kitchen, her feet shuffling, sleep dust in her eyes. She rubs it away, kissing his father on the cheek, before ruffling Jungkook red hair.

She sits down at the table, yawning loudly. Jungkook also sits down next to her, "mum, if you're still tired you should go back to sleep and get some more rest." She shakes her head tiredly, "no! I have to see you off! I'm not going to see my baby for a month!" She says, taking a sip of the coffee Jungkook's father handed her.

Rolling his eyes, he continues to eat his strawberries, "mum relax, it's not like I'm going away forever, plus your body needs to repair itself, so get some more rest," Jungkook worries about his mother, watching her hands shake as she picks up the coffee cup and takes another sip.

She doesn't say anything - sighing, Jungkook then says, "plus, I'm leaving now anyways, so go on mum."

Sighing she stand up, "fine. Gosh there's no winning with you, you're exactly like your father."

Jungkook chuckles, and hugs his mother, he closes his eyes tightly, already missing her warmth even though he hasn't even moved away from her. But when his eyes open, he catches a lot of loose hair all over his mother's back, "mum, you've got loads of hair on you..."

Chuckling she says, "yeah...it's what comes with getting old."

They say their last goodbyes, and Jungkook is on his way to school, where he was going to be leaving for a month long residential away from home. To say that he was scared, was the absolute least.

------

"It's so freaking cold, I'm freezing my ass off," Wendy says, huddling closer to Jungkook, the two trying to get some warmth from each other. Jungkook shivers, the cold running from his bare fingertips, squeezing past his thick coat and on to his skin like another layer of clothes. "If I don't get into that bus in the next minute I swear I'm lighting it on fire and laying in it," Jungkook shivers, his teeth chattering.