26.

C H A P T E R
TWENTY-SIX:

"You're right Jimin. I do have feelings for someone," Taehyung suddenly snaps, his brooding eyes never leaving Jimin's now shocked ones. "W–what?" Jimin stutters. Jungkook continues to look back and forth between the two. Until he finally meets Wendy's eyes. She's practically begging Jungkook to get up and leave. And he almost does that. But something forces him to stay put. Like he needed to stay and hear the rest of Jimin and Taehyung's conversation. And that made the rest of the group stay. Because the most of them was worried for Jungkook.

He was was already hurt from the morning, and staying here was only going to make things worse.

Jungkook knew that. Of course he knew it. But that didn't stop his rapid heart telling him that he needs to hear what Taehyung has to say.

"Yes Jimin. Let's get everything out there. I am head over heels for," Taehyung pauses.

Every second now felt like hours, and even though they were out in the cold, Jungkook felt as if the air around him was suffocating, tight and hot. Like he couldn't breath. At all. Jungkook's eyes shift over to Taehyung's. And they lock. Just a for a moment. It's like the whole world freezes in its place, only making time for Jungkook and Taehyung.

Taehyung's eyes are hard to read, but Jungkook's eyes are reaching out to Taehyung. Pleading him to keep quiet. Jungkook didn't need another shattered heart. He didn't need to lose his hope. And he didn't need to lose his dignity. Although, at the moment, those three things were hanging onto Jungkook very loosely. Jungkook can't tell what's running through Taehyung's mind, but he hopes that Taehyung is kind enough to see that Jungkook's hurting on the inside.

But Taehyung ignores that. He ignores it, in order to protect his own feelings. Like always, he pushes Jungkook away. But this time Jungkook understood everything. He understood that he was longer Taehyung's friend. He was just something there that was on the side for the time being.

And that hurt like a bitch.

Taehyung said that he'd be a shoulder to lean on. Taehyung had helped him when he was in trouble. But now all of that seemed meaningless.

Jungkook had finally hit a new low in his life, and that was all because Taehyung had decided to enter his life again.

Or maybe it was his fault? Maybe Jungkook shouldn't have let Taehyung in? Maybe if Jungkook had just avoided Taehyung then none of this would have happened.

Jimin smirks slightly, "so you really have the guts to spill the truth, right here. Right now? I don't think so Taehyung. You're my best friend but you've always been a little bit of a pussy." Yoongi grabs onto Jimin's hand, trying to yank his boyfriend away, but instead Jimin flinches, moving away, "I mean, you've never admitted to one thing. You always bullied people. After this week Taehyung we're all going back. And you're going to realise that you fucked up. So what are you going to do?"

By now, it seemed a lot like Jimin was trying to convince Taehyung of something that the taller boy didn't want to admit too. Namjoon slowly takes his leave, Jin following after him. The rest stay, either for Jungkook or for Taehyung.

"Don't meddle in things that you know nothing about," Taehyung says lowly. To which Jimin chuckles sarcastically, "funny thing, I don't need to know everything, I know enough," Jimin said, staring at Taehyung with a pointed look.