22.

thanks so much for 5k everyone, you guys all deserve the absolute world!

C H A P T E R
TWENTY-TWO:

Taehyung awoke the next day with Jungkook sleeping soundly on his chest. Immediate flashbacks erupt in his fuzzy mind as he realises what exactly went on between the two boys. Taehyung looks down at the messy tufts of Jungkook's brown hair. He smiles softly, playing with Jungkook's hair. Jungkook shifts in his sleep, but doesn't wake up, snuggling closer to Taehyung's warm chest. Taehyung's heart softens as he sees how much he missed the boy in the last ten years.

But like everything, the harsh truth slaps in you in the face. Nothing lasts forever. So when Taehyung started basking in the happiness that Jungkook and himself we're finally getting somewhere, the cold, hard truth followed in its wake. Jungkook was going to regret this? Wasn't he? Taehyung knew Jungkook. Jungkook was going to push him away the minute he woke up, and then two were going to be hurt. And they wouldn't talk. And everything was going to fall back so square one. Sighing, Taehyung pushes Jungkook off of his chest gently, making sure to not wake the smaller boy up.

What was Taehyung going to do to protect his heart?

Run away? Leave? Ignore Jungkook back?

Taehyung, in that moment, realises how much of a coward he was being. But in truth, being a coward was the only way to protect his heart for the time being. Until he knew what to do. Taehyung pulls on his top that was thrown onto the floor, he takes a step forward, but looks back at Jungkook, sadness for the future twinkling in his eyes. So the blue eyed boy walks closer to the bed, covering Jungkook with the duvet, so he doesn't get cold, closing the window just to make sure.

He then heads out, not looking back. As soon as the door closes behind him, he leans against it, eyes shut tightly. He lets out a breath he didn't even know he was holding, running a hand through his messy, morning hair before he sits upright.

One thing that Taehyung knew for sure was that he'd let Jungkook sort out his own thoughts, his own feelings before he ambushed Jungkook with his thoughts.

"How can I regret something I'm asking for?"

Taehyung shakes the thought out of his mind, because he had already woken up and smelt the coffee. Jungkook had uttered those words the night before but Taehyung already knew the truth. Jungkook was going to run away. He was going to go back to his friends and act like nothing had occurred between the two. And most importantly he was going to continue to get closer to Lucas because Lucas was a new friend, and Jungkook wasn't going to give up an opportunity of making a friend.

Sighing, Taehyung weaves his way through the many hallways of the dorms, finding himself in front of a familiar door. He knocks on the door, waiting a few moments. He knocks again, but this time harder. And still, there's no answer. He knocks (more like bangs) one last time on the door until finally, a groggy, messy haired Yoongi opens the door, a yawn caught through his lips, "get whatever you need and fuck off," he says bluntly, dragging Taehyung by the shirt before slamming the door.

Jimin, who was sleeping on the same bed as Yoongi sits up, holding the duvet up to his chest, the sleep still evident in his eyes. Taehyung looks around, seeing clothes littered everywhere, and then it comes to him, "you guys did it? Didn't you?" He says, sitting on the neat bed across Jimin.

Yoongi's feet shuffles before he falls face first onto the bed next to Jimin, falling fast asleep in a matter of seconds. Jimin laughs, "what me and Yoongi do in our private time, does not concern you Taehyung," Jimin scolds, almost like a parent. After a few seconds of silence, Jimin sniggers, "but yeah we totally did it."