27.

C H A P T E R
TWENTY-SEVEN:

But was it still too late?

Taehyung's heart races as he grips the door handle even tighter, sweat beginning to form on his temples. With his free hand, he wipes it away. And he lets out a soft breath. What could he do? He had to stop being a coward. He had to stop pushing people away because he was scared. He had to let Jungkook know that...that Taehyung loved Jungkook so much that he feared to lose him. And if he didn't tell Jungkook, than he damn near should consider Jungkook as lost.

No one really understood Taehyung. Ever. And Taehyung had grown into being accustomed to be shown as misunderstood. Taehyung knew he was complicated. Knew that he was so difficult. But at that moment, he knew he had to strip all of that away. He had to stop being complicated. He..had to open himself up. It was going to hard, but if he wanted to prove to Jungkook that he was sorry and that he'd try his absolute best to be a better, the bestest, person. And Taehyung decided it wasn't too late. It wasn't too late to walk into that room and hug the shit out of his bun.

Because Taehyung realized that they were both the bloody same. Just broken, in different ways. And this time, Taehyung saw that he couldn't just pick himself up, he had to lend a hand to Jungkook. And all along, Taehyung finally saw what Jungkook wanted. His little bunbun, his Koo, just wanted a shoulder to lean on. And he wanted it from Taehyung. His childhood friend, the person he'd been sleeping beside for the last couple of weeks. Taehyung sighs, the last ten years flashing through his mind.

Why was he such an asshole?

He was mean, he was a bully and he was an absolute fuck about. But ever since Jungkook had opened up that one night, spoken to Taehyung, he didn't want to be that type of person anymore. He didn't know why, but it all just seemed so wrong. And now it was becoming clear. Jungkook was changing Taehyung, and he didn't want to let go of that. He didn't want to let go of the fact that there was a better version of himself. He didn't want to let go of the fact that he would find happiness in Jungkook.

If only he could turn back time.

Taking one last breath, Taehyung rids himself of every thought in his mind. It isn't too late, he repeatedly says to himself. No, it wasn't. And he's going to do right by Jungkook. He's going to give Jungkook an explanation. A reason as to why he pushed him away ten years ago, why he walked out earlier, and finally why he lied. And it would be hard to make Koo to understand, Taehyung knows that, but this time, nothing would stop him from doing so. Not even God.

Taehyung twists the door handle, pushing the heavy oak door open slowly, feverishly, he steps in, immediately being caught with the sight of Jungkook, who was sniffling, head tucked into his knees as he held himself tightly. Taehyung's heart pangs harshly when he realises that he was the cause of Jungkook's tears. Taehyung steps forward, trying to be as quiet as possible. All he wanted to right now was hug Jungkook, and tell the smaller bun that everything was going to be okay. And even if Taehyung was an asshole, he still cared for Jungkook with all of his life. And he wanted to apologise for taking so long to realize it.

The blue eyed boy tried his best to be as quiet as possible, but fails when he coughs.

Jungkook's ears perk up, "Hoseok, I know Wendy told you to– oh," Jungkook says, bitterness in his tone when he sees Taehyung. Taehyung almost flinches back from Jungkook's tone, but instead, he gives a small smile, sitting down in front of Jungkook, legs crossed, bare against the wooden bench of the changing rooms. Jungkook shifts uncomfortably, what was Taehyung even doing here? And why did Jungkook just want to scream out in tears again?