9.

C H A P T E R
NINE:

Wendy and Jungkook huff and pant as they wake their way outside. The temperature was about freezing cold, and neither of them was ready for the day ahead of them. "I can't believe that this school is making us do a hike, first thing in the morning. As if I want to drag myself from the warmth of a bed, up an ugly ass mountain. I swear, what is so good about that baldheaded mountain anyways?" She yells up, waving her hands about like a mad woman. And it didn't help that the two were the last two out, meaning they were at the back of the line, which results in them getting up the mountain last and being the last ones down.

Jungkook had woken up early to get ready and leave, this way he could have enough time to wake Wendy up and also avoid bumping into Taehyung at the same time. Jungkook didn't want to make matters even more awkward by seeing each other first thing in the wretched morning. Sighing, the cherry haired boy, tries to snuggle in his coat deeper than he already was. It was just too cold.

"Wendy, you do realize that this is absolutely your fault," Jungkook pants, his fingers feeling fragile and brittle from the cold wind biting against them. He quickly runs his hands together, trying to get them to warm as he hears Wendy scoff loudly, before coughing. She takes a deep breath, "excuse me but how is this my fault?" Jungkook turns to her with a gasp, as the two continue to work, "I literally went to your room at 7:30 in the morning. Your roommate was in the shower and I called you. You spent literallyyyy and hour and a half in the shower, for no reason."

Wendy points a finger and draws an imaginary line, "see those points Jungkook, they have no correlation with it being my fault." Jungkook sighs and slaps her hand away, "because of your longer than an hour shower, we were late, and now we're at the back of the line." As she rubs her finger (the place where Jungkook slapped) she says, "I wish we could just push in!" A few students that were also near the end of the line turn to her, giving her weird looks. Wendy just gives them a small awkward smile in return.

"If we push in, we could literally be risking our lives, and other people's lives. I'll tell you what, I'd rather walk in this cold them myself being dead or in a jail cell." Wendy groans loudly at Jungkook's words, and resists the urge to push him, "okay, dad. I get it, we have to stay safe. But you need to understand that I had to stay clean, and that shower was really needed for me," she says, giving Jungkook the “puppy dog eye” look that she somehow had perfected, and now was a professional at doing it.

Jungkook tucks his hands into his pockets, trying to stay warm, his nose was burning from the icy wind chomping down on his face every two minutes, "can't you shower in the night?" He asks, quickly glancing to her before looking ahead at the path in front of them. The rest of his class were – very obviously – ahead of them, and were lined up in twos as well. Mrs. Wilson was at the top of the line directing the rest of the class, and there was a teacher behind Wendy and Jungkook, to make sure no one got lost.

So technically, the two weren't right at the back, but Jungkook said that the teacher behind them doesn't count. The teacher was in fact listening in on Jungkook's and Wendy's conversation, and found that two bickering back and forth was actually a very good source of entertainment.

"Ew no. Going in the shower in the night is so stressful because you wake up feeling icky from sweating in your slip and so on," Wendy says, trying to regain her warmth by walking closer to Jungkook. Jungkook, however, rolls his eyes at her words, "so you'd rather go to sleep with the whole day's ick on you?"

Wendy tucks her hair back into her beanie, as she scoffs, "well when you put it like that, obviously it sounds worse...but hey, at least I shower." Jungkook gasps, placing his hand over his chest, but then quickly putting it back into his pocket when he sees how red they became, "why are you saying that like I don't shower?" He asks, his voice kind of raised. Wendy chuckles evilly, realizing that she's slowly beginning to push Jungkook's buttons. She shrugs and says, "...I don't know, I mean, do you?"