41.

C H A P T E E R
FORTY-ONE:

One year later:

Taehyung was running.

Running down the busy streets of his hometown, weaving his way through the multiple groups of people, dodging the boxes of fruit and vegetables left out in front of stores, trying not to bump into the anomaly of lampposts or fire hydrants placed randomly on the roads. What caused him to be running like this?

Well, it all started a week ago.

Taehyung and Jungkook had gotten into a massive argument, which resulted in the two finally deciding to call it quits. After a year of making it work, it finally ended in a car crash. Literally.

Jungkook was so livid that Taehyung had forgotten about their anniversary, and while arguing about it, Taehyung had driven into a mailbox. And then it had just...ended.

But Taehyung didn't want to let go of the love of his life that easily, oh no. He did everything he could to try and get Jungkook back, and yet, the bratty bunny wouldn't change his mind: Taehyung was no longer allowed to be in Jungkook's life, and that was final. Nothing, yes nothing, was going to change Jungkook's mind.

It didn't help that after that day, Taehyung had received a letter. A letter from a weird address. An address that was somewhere in town, actually, near Taehyung's house. There wasn't a name on the letter, just an address, and on the back, Taehyung's name scribbled on it.

Something had told Taehyung to keep the letter. A gut feeling, or something of the sort. But he couldn't bring himself to open it. He didn't know why, but he just couldn't. Every time he would attempt to pick the envelope up, it would just fall back onto his dresser, left for another couple of hours until he tried to open it once more.

The whole week, Taehyung cried, his heart broken at the fact that Jungkook didn't want Taehyung anymore. It was so tough to see Jungkook and not be able to run up to his bunny (yes, even though they were broken up, Taehyung still saw Jungkook as his) and pick him up, kissing his cute lips until they were swollen and shiny. It was painful to see Jungkook laugh and the reason be anything other than Taehyung.

If only Taehyung had just remembered their anniversary, than none of this would have happened.

And now this stupid, stupid letter. It's as if his life couldn't get any worse. Everything just kept on tumbling into the pile of dread that he was struggling to hold on to.

He was stumbling over himself now, and he didn't know what to do. But the minute that Taehyung had read those cursive words on the letter, the first thought in his mind was, “get Jungkook back,” because without Jungkook, he couldn't possibly do anything.

Taehyung couldn't be strong when he didn't have Jungkook to lean on. He needed his bunny by his side.

And so Taehyung ran, as fast as his legs could possibly take him, running to the park, where Jungkook would take his little sister and mother every weekend. He did this because his sister needed fresh air, and his mother, sadly, had cancer, and so would love to see the nature and everything around her every weekend that she got.

Taehyung had so much respect for Jungkook's mother. She was someone that Taehyung had grown to look up to.

What was in the letter?