3.

C H A P T E R
THREE:

Memories are a funny thing. Jungkook always thought of memories as a thing to treasure because later on in life the memories you made will be the only things you have left to remember. But sometimes memories can betray the human mind, and trick the brain into feeling sad or angry when it doesn't want to feel that way. And that's the nuisance part of it. The devilish silver lining to it all. That you can remember more than just happiness or the fun things you did in life. You also remember the traumatic experiences, or the times you cried so hard that your throat burned.

Jungkook didn't have a lot of memories where he was sad, or upset. But the memories that he did have scarred him and made him the way he is today. Sometimes he hates it and sometimes he loves it. The worst memory Jungkook has is when Jungkook first went to see Taehyung after his parents got divorced and his dad left. Jungkook often thought of that day as a day he had a his first heartbreak. The first time he lost a great friend that he loved so much.

Ten years ago,

"Mum! Mummy! I want to go see Taehyung. Eight year old Jungkook hugs his mother's legs, trying to convince her to let him see his best friend. His mother laughs, picking her son up with a small grunt, "oh! You've gone so big I can barely pick you up without being out of breath," she teases. Little Jungkook hides in the crook of her neck, giggling, "but I don't want to be big, I never want to grow up mummy! Never, ever!" Jungkook's mother chuckles at her son's words before seating him on one of the chairs. She looks at him for a moment before handing him a candy.

Gladly, he takes it, unwrapping it quickly and shoving it into his mouth as if someone was going to come and take it off of him. His mother looks at him for a moment, trying to choose her words wisely, "no one wants to grow up Jungkook...nothing goes. But we all have to some day. However, there's one thing that I need you to know," she begins.

Jungkook smiles excitedly, "what is it?" He whines, already getting impatient with his mother.

She clasps her hands together in front of her, and leans forward, "well...the thing is, it's a secret...so you have to promise me that you're going to keep this a secret." Jungkook nods his head in excitement, his goofy smile barely being contained, "I promise mummy, I'll never break your trust."

"No matter how old a person gets, they never grow old at heart." Jungkook hiccups and laughs, "then how old are you mummy?" Jungkook's mother tickles her son's stomach, making him throw his head back and squeal loudly, "well, I'm the same age as you Jungkook."

Jungkook's mouth opens in shock so wide that his candy almost falls out of his mouth, "really mummy! Then how come you always fall asleep later than me? How come you always tell me to eat my vegetables? Why don't you act like me?"

Her slightly golden locks fell in front of her face, smiling slightly she pushes them back, placing Jungkook down on his bed. "Another important thing to remember Jungkook is that the heart and the mind are two completely different things. They're linked together though. So you might be young at heart but mature at mind. There will be a time Jungkook that you will have to decide whether to think with your heart...or mind. But remember Jungkook, no matter what, you'll always have me and your father."

Jungkook reaches up to hug his mother. His mother tightens her hold on her son, closing her eyes tightly, "I love you Jungkook." Jungkook smiles brightly, a toothy grin on his face, "I love you too."