24.

C H A P T E R
TWENTY-FOUR:

"Guys! Guess what I found out literally just know in this exact moment while y'all are acting like idiots rolling around in snow for the first time?" Jin says, sitting up straight on his bed. Jungkook, Wendy and Hoseok were in fact rolling around in the floor, fighting for the last chocolate smothered croissant. Wendy hissed, snatching the paper package off of Jungkook, running to the other side of the room. But before she could even take a step, Jungkook leaps forward, tackling her to the ground, "it's mine bitch," he yells lowly, grabbing the bag with soft paws.

Jin sat uninterested on his bed, knowing that he ate three, so he was fully satisfied, his stomach warm with content.

The other three however, were still fighting to the death for the luxurious almond and chocolate covered doughy, soft and chewy bread...not really. The croissant was almost rock hard and the almonds were soggy and stale and the chocolate was most definitely fake, with an almost sticky texture. But they couldn't complain because that croissant was the best thing out of all of the breakfast the place could offer.

Who could blame the three for fighting over the best food they could possibly have?

Hoseok latches onto Jungkook's leg, dragging him back to the ground, hovering over him with a smirk as he takes the croissant away from the smaller boy, before flicking his already red forehead...they had been fighting for quite some time now, and Jungkook had already suffered through many forehead flicks. Hoseok eventually gets off the way and slaps Wendy's head away from him as he growls, "my precious," to the croissant as he takes it out of the brown paper.

But this was Jeon fucking Jungkook, and he was not going to accept defeat.

It was like everything was in slow motion. Jungkook yelled forward, his heart breaking as the croissant was unpackaged, now held tightly in Hoseok's fat, sausage hands (they weren't really but Jungkook believed that as the sight of the croissant inching towards his open mouth truly brought the cherry haired boy an undescribable sort of pain.)

He got up at an instant and stared down as Wendy had tears in her eyes, she was staring at her bruised and red finger. "Ah," she wailed in pain, flapping her arms around Hoseok. Hoseok immediately put the croissant down on the dresser, and Jungkook smiles mischievously.

"You pushed me out of the way! I fell and somehow sat on my finger and I heard a crack! Hoseok!" She whines, falling into his chest as he grabs her and holds her tightly, "I'm sorry baby, aw let me take a look," he says gently, prying her finger up to his face as he inspected it, it was definitely bruised, but not broken. Hoseok places a gently kiss on her finger before hugging her tightly, his head on her shoulder.

Jungkook creeped towards the croissant, trying to grab it with his bunny like paws. But he makes the mistake of meeting Hoseok's brown eyes, which shoot him a “don't even think about it”, look. This results in Jungkook's shoulders slumping as he realizes that this beautiful croissant was now Wendy's, and nobody else's.

"All for a damn croissant," Jungkook huffs, sitting next to Jin as he rubs his sore forehead.

The four had been hanging out in Jin's room, since Jungkook had stumbled in with a broken heart and teary eyes. They had been waiting for the sun to fully rise, and while they were waiting, they had been doing everything in their power to keep Jungkook smiling.

To which Jungkook soon caught on in their plan, and was forever grateful to have met these special people he now calls his best friends.