2. [bonus]

[bonus]
C H A P T E R
TWO:

Silver ring sparkling underneath the early morning sunlight, Jungkook sighs, allowing himself to get used to the feeling of fresh morning air wrap around his skin like a scarf, goosebumps running crazily down his arms, but it's okay since he enjoyed the feeling of being on the beach this early.

Being at the beach this early in the morning, it was so peaceful. The serenity of it all just amazing. The sounds of the beautiful blue waves crashing against each other, little bits of golden sand turning brown as the water doused the edges jaggedly.

What was beauty?

Something that you can adore with all of your heart until you see no further flaws, or imperfections. And Jungkook saw no flaws in nature. Often, life was so busy that Jungkook would forget to just hit pause and look up into the sky. No matter what sky it was, a starry one, a setting one, a rising one, a cloudy one, a grey one, a blue one. No matter what colours were painted blindly of the canvas called the sky, if you just hit the pause button of your life and looked up, you'd see the beauty of the world all over again.

And Jungkook didn't know how to explain it.

How to explain how calm he was. The tranquil feeling dosing his body up for moments that wouldn't feel so relaxed.

Sitting on the beach this early in the morning made Jungkook think back on all of the times where he felt this exactly feeling.

Lazy Sundays with Taehyung, date nights, when he went out with friends, when Taehyung would kiss him gently and make love to him, the day that he and the love of his life finally married as one.

In that moment, Jungkook realised that this feeling was home.

Home.

A place where one can rest, eat, sleep, do everything. But in reality such a direct definition was false. In reality the connotations of home were much different to a physical meaning. Home is so much more than a place to sleep. Home is not a building. Home is something that can make a person feel. Feel warmth, feel happiness, feel safe. Home, by the heart, is a feeling. And Jungkook lived by this. He always had.

But of course, he just hadn't felt it before. Not until now.

Not until six am in the morning. Not until he felt the cold air wisp through his hair, almost like a comforting and nurturing figure, running their hands through his hair. Not until he saw the sun slowly start to peak up from the horizon. Not until he saw the greying clouds stretch over the sky like a duvet. Not until he saw the family of birds flying together.

Jungkook feels all of his regrets, worries and sadness of the past wash away with the crashing waves.

Wrapping his arms around himself tighter, Jungkook relaxes against the sand, staring into the horizon.

Home, to Jungkook, was wherever Taehyung was.

His husband. The love of his damned life. His life that was beginning to feel less damned and more blessed.

Sometimes Jungkook didn't believe it. He felt like this life was playing with his emotions and soon he'd wake up from this beautiful dream and crash back down into reality harshly, where he was just a scared teen.