•Haechan•

Lee Donghyuck
Word count: 1100
Genre: fluff
-

Haechan's POV

"Have you heard the news?" Renjun asks us. "What news?" We ask him clueless. "There are new trainees, they will form a new girl group." He tells us. "Wow, you know who they are?" Jaemin asks but Renjun shook his head. "I saw a few of them from a distance but I couldn't talk with them yet." After a long time there are new trainees, finally new people around at the company. Maybe we can become friends with them. "Let's go meet them!" I looked at them confused. "Now? Aren't they practicing or anything, we should let them be. You know how hard it was for us too."

"Haechan, you're the 1 I need." I point at myself. Why does our vocal coach need me? "There's a new trainee, she's a great singer but she's still struggling with some parts. It'd be amazing if you could help her, when you're not busy with your schedules of course." I nod. "Sure, where is she?" I asked. I followed him to another practice room. There was only 1 girl in there. "Y/n, this is Haechan. He's willing to help you with your text." We bow at each other. "Nice to meet you." I smile. She smiles back, a little more shy. She looks cute.

"Can I see what you have to sing?" She takes the papers with the lyrics on and shows me. "The marked parts are for me to do." She tells me. "This is a cover of Boom." She nods. "I have your parts, that's why they asked you to help me." Since it was one of our songs it was easy for me to help her. "It's mainly the high note, here. It's just a little too high for me, and they don't think it's a good idea to lower everything." She explains. "Oh okay, I don't think it's going to be that hard. We'll just have to practice over and over again, each time going a little higher. And don't try to overdo it, if you do that you'll definitely go wrong."

We practiced for a while but decided to take a break. "Drink some water, you don't want to hurt your voice. Really, if you need any tips or help with anything, you can always ask. All of us went through these trainee years, we know how hard it is." She smiles and thanks me. "I already trained at another company, but I left. They were just pure evil to us. I didn't want to stay there any longer. They did help me with dance and everything but it was just a hell over there." She explains. "And you think it's better here?" She chuckles. "Believe me it's here already better. But I don't think there's anything like a company that really treats idols and trainees good."

"There you got a point. Just know that here at sm entertainment, you can always go to other idols to ask for something. We all help each other and are pretty close." I tell her. "That's nice to know, thanks. Shall we continue with the song again?" I nod and we start again. "Try singing from the beginning now, we've been working on that high note. I wanna see what you can." I play the music and we start singing together. She's really good, she also got that high note. I don't see why she needed help, y/n is an amazing singer!

Me and y/n stayed in contact, a lot. I helped her here and there but we really did create a new friendship. We sometimes have lunch together and we'd have so much fun. She's a great friend. "Haechan! We're performing Boom tomorrow!" y/n tells me excited. "Really, where? I want to see it!" She shows me the location on her phone. "You're going to be amazing! You worked so hard on so many different covers, finally you're performing them." I was just as excited as she is. "Haechan, what do you mean tomorrow? Forgot that we need to record something." I sigh at Jeno's words.

"Oh no, I totally forgot! I can't come, we're having another comeback." Both our smiles fading. "It'll maybe get recorded, then you can see it later." She tries cheering me up. "But that's not the same. Live is everything way better than on camera." I was disappointed. I just want to see my best friend perform for the first time. "But you've seen me practice so many times, you already seen me do everything." I shook my head. "Now it's in front of a public. Just me is not a public. But you know what, have fun! I know you and the other girls will do amazing!"

Y/N's POV

We're ready to start. It's just us 6 girls on the streets singing and dancing. No particular public, if people stay to watch they'll be our public. It's a little scary though. Where's Haechan when you need him? I know he'd make me calm and let me forget my sorrows, so I could dance and sing careless. I know that he's thinking about me too. That's at least what he texted me this morning. That he'll think about me and support me from the recording studios. "Okay girls, get ready. We're going to start!" We go to our places and start dancing and singing. Our first time where other people can see us.

"Look at you! How great! And you got that high note. I'm so proud of you!" He hugs me after seeing the videos of us performing. "How was the recording for the new comeback?" I asked him. "It went good. Can't wait for you to hear it, you're going to love it." He smiles. "Promise?" I ask. "I promise that you'll love our new comeback." I chuckle at how extra he said it. "What if I don't?" I ask him. "Then... I'll take you out for dinner. I'll pay." He tells me. "Oh really. What do I do when I like it?" I ask him. "Then go out with me on a date."

"Are you serious?" He nods. "I like you, and I get it if you don't want to go out with me. I just want..." I cut him off. "It's a deal. We go out on a date if I like your comeback. Else you buy me dinner." His smile grew wider. "I like you too." I quietly say. "So either way, you're going out with me?" I nod happily. "You're really the best person ever!"

~
A/N: I don't have to say anything, just have a great day everyone! 💚🌱