•Taeil•

Moon Taeil
Word count: 994
-

Taeil's POV

"Do you promise to call me?" I ask y/n. "Yeah of course." She gives me a peck. Her flight gets called through the speakers. "That's for me. I have to go now." She says. "I love you, I'll wait for you okay?" I give her one last big hug. "Love you too. Bye Taeil." She says and leaves me. I watch until she's out of sight. "Come on, let's go home now." Johnny pats my shoulder. I walk with them in silence. Something doesn't feel right about this. I didn't want her to leave.

"She still hasn't called me yet. She'd be there by now right?" I questioned. "I don't know. Maybe they have some delay on the flight." Doyoung says. "It's literally the next day Doyoung. She should've called by now. What if something happened, a plain crash or something?" I ask concerned. "Then you would've heard something already. She's probably tired from the jet lag and went to bed." Jungwoo says. "She was active like 3 minutes ago. Did I do something wrong to her?" I ask confused. "No, you did nothing wrong. Don't overthink it, she'll call when she's free."

"And got a call already?" Mark asks me. "No." I said sad. "I'm sorry man. Maybe you should try to call her." He says. "I already tried." I sigh. "Ten times to be exact." Jaehyun adds. "But she doesn't pick up the damn phone." I say. "That's strange." I look at my phone, hoping she'd call but I'm losing that hope but by bit. Will she ever call me again? "Do you want us to try?" Taeyong asks. "Why'd she pick up with you guys if she doesn't even answer my calls?" I was frustrated. "I'm sorry." I apologised.

"I'm giving up, she'll never call or text me. She probably forgot about me!" I throw my phone on the table. "Don't say that." Haechan tells me. "It's been a week Haechan! A week!" I mess up my hair. "Well that shows you're worth better than her. I didn't even like her that much. Forget about her as well." He tells me. "But I love her." I look at him. "I know, but if she can't keep a promise like that when she's gone for a business trip. Then you deserve way better and you should get over her." He says.

"But..." He shushed me. "Johnny!" Haechan calls out. "What?" He asks. "We need to help Taeil." He says. "With?" He says furrowing. "Getting over y/n." I sigh. "Great idea! Let's go out with all of us! Restaurant after that a bar. Just cleaning the thoughts." Johnny says. "What if I don't want to?" I ask. "Your bad because you have no choice but to come with us." They both smile at me. Can this be over yet? I question myself. We got all ready to spend a crazy night together. Trying to forget y/n and it did kinda work.

"So how do you feel now?" Yuta asks. "What do you mean?" I ask. "Do you still think about her?" He asks. "Who even is she?" I laugh and he smiles. "That's what we wanna hear! Who is y/n?" We laugh. "Is he doing alright?" Jungwoo asks Taeyong but I heard them. "I'm fiiiine. Don't worry Jungwoo. I don't need a girl, not like her. I'm better off without her." I say with a big smile. "He's drunk." Jungwoo points at me. "Let him be for now. He's having a hard time. Just see that he gets safely home." Taeyong answers him.

I wake up with an enormous headache. "Ugh. How did I get here?" I questioned. "We carried you here." Jaehyun tells me. "I had to bring you this from Taeyong." He gave me some medicine and a glass of water. "Thank you." I softly say and sit up. Jaehyun left the room and I take the medicine. I look around my room, my eyes landing on a picture of me and y/n, it was on our anniversary last year. I get up and take the picture off of my wall. I look closely at it and sigh.

"Why did this have to happen?" I ask. I throw the picture in the trash can next to my desk. "Are you sure?" Mark asks and I look at him standing at the door. "Yes, I'm sure." I say pretty confident about that decision. "We're here for you okay?" I nod in response. Mark left the room and I stare at the blank wall. It's over between us and I never have to hear or see her again. I blink away a tear. The last one I'll shed for her. It's her loss, not mine.

A year later

Someone knocked our door. "Babe can you open please?" I ask. "Sure." She gets up and goes to open the door. "Uh hello. Does Taeil live here?" I recognised the voice, I haven't heard it in a while. "Baby, it's for you." I get up and go to the door to see y/n. "What are you doing here?" I ask. "I'm back in Korea. I wanted to say hi." She says. I chuckle. "What is it?" She said confused. "You left with a promise you never kept. I haven't heard from you for over a year and suddenly you show up. You can leave now too!"

"I'm sorry. Taeil please. I didn't mean to do that." She said with tears. "And that's why you never called or texted? Sure. Bye y/n, please don't come here again." I say and close the door. "Who was that baby?" My girlfriend asked. "Let's say that that was no one. Nothing to worry about anymore." I smile. "Sure. I love you." She kisses me. "I love you too." I hug her and smile. I went back to the kitchen and continued to prepare our dinner.

~
A/N: thank you for the 13k views everyone💚🌱