•Doyoung•

Kim Doyoung
Word count: 1088
-

Doyoung's POV

I hate this place, I never asked to come here. I just got dragged with my parents. It's so boring. "Keep that smile, it's not as bad as it looks like." My brother told me. "We have so many family members and none of our age. They're either way too old or too young. How do I have a normal conversation with any of them?" That's right I'm at a family party. And for what, just to celebrate that my uncle found a new love and he's engaged with her. It's his 3rd wife.

Y/N's POV

"Mom I don't wanna be here. They're not my family, they're completely strangers." Her 4th engagement, hopefully this time it works out. Or maybe not, this family is huge. I don't want to be part of them. They're not like my real family. The 1 I grew up with. I'm an adult, why can't I make the choice to come or not? It's disgusting. They always treat me like a little kid. "Y/n, you got to at least meet your new grandparents and aunts and uncles." Mom tells me. "But they're with so much!" I exclaimed.

"Welcome to the family, young lady." A man says to me. "Who are you?" I asked. "I'm the brother of your new dad." He says with a smile. "Don't call him my dad. Do you really believe this marriage will keep going? Ugh whatever, you don't understand." I sigh. "You sound exactly like my son. You should meet him. He's over there, on his own. Like usual." The last part he mumbled, but I could still hear it. The disappointment is real I guess. I walk up to the guy sitting on the couch next to all the loud kids.

"Hi." I said trying to sound not rude. "Who are you?" He asks not even trying to look at me. "I'm y/n. Daughter of your uncle's fiancée." I tell him. "Don't think you'll be part of this family. His last wife didn't even last for a year before she left." I just laughed. "My mom only got engaged with the last one, they broke up before they even could marry. And don't worry, I don't wanna be part of whatever this family is." He finally looked at me. "So you're also a 'rough one' like my family would call it." I proudly nod.

Doyoung's POV

I looked at the girl, she was stunning. But I can't show it. "What's your name?" She asked, I totally forgot to introduce myself. "Doyoung, guess you already know my surname." She sat down next to me. "Is there any way to escape this place?" She asked me. "You'll definitely get noticed walking out. But since we're the disappointments of our families, I don't think they'll notice quickly." I said. "Let's get out of here then. I'm not planning on staying." She said as she gets up. "Are you going to stay here or what?"

I get up and follow her out of the house. "You're sneaky." I commented. "And you're lame. Now let's go." She smiles. "Where to?" I ask. "Wherever we want, we're free!" She said walking down some random road. "So, y/n, tell me a little more about yourself." She looks at me first. "Where should I start? I grew up with my parents before they divorced. During my mom's 2nd marriage I stayed with my dad and ever since the 3rd guy she took me away from him." She tells me. "What if this marriage does work out?" I asked.

"You really think that's going to happen?" She asked half laughing. "No but it's just an 'if' question." It was quite but not for long. "I'd become your cousin. But forget it, I'll never call me that. We're not related and we'll never be." She said. "Glad you think the same. Do you have any siblings?" She shook her head quickly. "No, and if I see your family, I'm happy I don't. Well I got my stepsister and brother from my dad's 2nd wife but I never see them." She tells me. It looks like she trusts me. She really tells me anything.

"I'm hungry should we eat somewhere." I nod and we walk some restaurant in. We talk a whole evening about different topics. By now we already forgot about our families. "You're honestly really nice. I didn't thought I'd meet someone in my family where I could get along with." I smile. "Did you just say family? Doyoung I thought we agreed that we're not and will never be family." I apologise quickly. "Sorry I didn't think straight." She rolls her eyes. "But I mean it, you're really nice and different from what I thought you'd be."

"What are you saying? That you like me?" She shrugs. "What if I am saying that?" She looks at me for a couple minutes. "Are you for real?" I nod slowly, am I for real? "We can't date though. Your uncle is marrying my mom." I looked at her unbelievably. "I don't get you. If we're not related and we'll never be then why hesitate? It's not that it's illegal." She looks at me with big eyes. "Y/n do you want to date me or not?" She nods not looking away. "Yes, I'm happy you asked." She smiles.

We get back at the family party after y/n's mom called, we got caught. "How dare you run away! You're my daughter, I raised you differently." Her mom scolds her. "That's because her dad mostly raised her, you were never there." I said. "Doyoung, how dare you talk back?" My uncle yelled at me. "I have to protect the person I love. Because that's what a real couple does so they won't fall apart like you did 3 times in a row." Everyone gasped at me. "What do you mean the person you love?" Y/n's mom asked. "We're dating. And you can't stop us because we're not related."

"Hi Doyoung, she's upstairs." I get inside and happily walk upstairs. "Thanks mr Lee." Ever since y/n moved back to her father, things are going way better. "Hey baby." I smiled. "Hey, how are you?" She asks. "I'm great, what about you?" I lay down next to her. "I'm doing good. I missed you!" She kissed me. "Can't you live without me for 1 day?" I joked with her. "Neither can you since your here." She laughs.

~
A/N: it's already late here so goodnight everyone 💚🌱