Behind Bright Eyes ☆ Carrots

Author: Apricity31

Reviewer: __Carrots__

Chapters Reviewed: Five

o First Impressions:

Blurb wise:

That's a very good job that you have done with the blurb.

You start by putting up a text profile of the main character, which in itself tells us that the book is inclined toward technical fantasy.

The next part of the blurb, you introduce Fleurice and it's a very common style of introduction. Because nobody fits in, ever.
Whether it be the most appealing and sought-after personality or the the reserved and silent personality.

So yes, there's that; the cliche element of your blurb. Now people often are drawn towards these sort of character introductions, so it's your choice if you want to keep it or not. The presence of that part does no harm, but those few sentences give you the chance to come up with something unique, so yes let it not be mainstream.

The next part, now there is where you had me! Amazing. This gene that you talked about, is not under Fleurice's control, but she would never trade it. Now those are the sort of characters that we love. The ones who accept their originality how much ever uncontrollable and are proud of them.

These characters win our trust and we trust these characters to teach us something. So good job. Honestly, it was really smart how you mentioned that line in your blurb.

The last part provokes the readers' curiosity, as it should. So good job.

Your blurb is amazing just as you wrote it.

Cover wise:

Hmm, not a huge fan of the cover. The color, the background, and the font, they just don't fit together. Together they don't provide the effect an amazing cover should have.

The eyes, they are meant to be the main focus of the cover, right? But among all those other elements, the eyes don't stand out.

The color scheme is just not going together.

The font is really good. I liked the font, it's smooth. But take a close look at the word "Eyes" in your cover, the letter "S" is lost and it looks like an inverted question mark.

The tag line is very insightful. It tells us what the book is about at the same time it's interesting and thought provoking, good job.

Short version: Work on the color scheme of your book, and that might just make your inverted question mark into the "S" it is supposed to be. : )

Title wise:

"Behind Bright Eyes", nice title.

Of course there is something behind those eyes than just darker pigment melanin. And we want to know what that is.

So good title!

No changes required!

;)