I'm Not Veronica Gates ☆ __Carrots__

Author: zendaya_jr14

Reviewer: __Carrots__

Chapters Reviewed: Fifteen

_________________

o FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

Blurb wise:

Your blurb is the typical example of a hooker blurb among Wattpad books.

Although I wanted to mention that there are a few points that you have constantly repeated in your blurb. While you might not have considered it a big deal, it does make your blurb very wordy.

And blurbs should always be short. You know why? Because Wattpaders as well as traditional readers looking for a book to buy or read in a library, scan loads of book blurbs in a short span of time.

That's why you should always go for a precise layout for your blurb.

In the opening sentence you mention how Veronica is the meanest girl in school. And again you mention the same thing after a few sentences with just a different choice of words, "most bitchiest".

Also do I need to mention
the superlative rule here? I think you know that one.

And in the last part, where you introduce Xander Huxley, it's just a very cliché way to get through with a blurb. The classic bad boy shows up for good or for bad.

If I were to suggest, I'd suggest you to omit everything else in your blurb except the middle paragraph that suffices the whole purpose of a blurb.

"When things take an unexpected turn and Hailey is being hated mightly just because of her face, she has to get every single teen in the town to stop hating Veronica. . ."

Everything else just makes it overly cliche.

And while cliché is great, the contents of your book are not cliché. They are anything but cliché.

So your blurb might come off as misleading in the first glance. I suggest you only keep the middle part, the one I quoted before.

Title wise:

"I'm Not Veronica Gates."

Yes! That's what I'm talking about, that's the sort of book title that entices me.

It's a really interesting name, it's creative and also factual. I love it.

Cover wise: