A taste of your heart ☆ Jody

Author: tessazoller

Reviewer: nostalgic_type

Chapters: 5

-------------

The first impression of this book:

My first impression of this book was very good because firstly I saw your cover and I was like okay this looks really good and when I got to your first chapter, I was already hooked. I just really hope you reach over one million because your book deserves that much views, it is just exceptional.

Let's start with the cover of the book:

Firstly I would like to say that the cover of the book is really remarkable because you chose a really good looking girl which makes her stand out more and the position she is sitting in with her hair messed up got me liking the book just by looking at your cover, which is what I like. It's like you put your main character on the cover of your book which suits perfectly well with the chapters I have read so far.

Title wise:

I think the title of your book is exceptional for many reasons like firstly it is very original and for me it is very unique too. It is a very good title which hopefully suits your book because ever since I read it from the first chapter and went onto the second chapter I was willing to get a bit of your work linked to the title but you were more focused on the main character and when I read further I hope that I stand incorrect. The title of your book never crossed my mind when I read the first few chapters of your book which is getting me a bit impatient because I want more focus on your title and it should be linked, but I love the originality in it.

The first chapter of your book was what got me hooked and hungry for more to read because firstly Quartz is a very unique name and have never heard it before which intrigued me and secondly, the fact that you built such suspense in the first chapter of the best friend's death is very interesting because it put a lot of questions in my head like who killed her? What was she doing there?

Plot:

Many supernatural books I have read so far mainly focuses on Vampires and Werewolves, making them stand out more but when I read your work I simply loved the way you addressed witches to your readers in your book and that just made me kind of ignore the Vampires and werewolves while reading it. It made me also realise that this book reminds me a lot of the originals because in that series there was a war between wolves and vampires and witched cast a spell upon them which got me fangirling but hey your work is still original which is good.

I love the plot of your book because you always manage to end your chapters with a cliff hanger which is excellent and I love it, it builds the excitement and suspense.

Throughout every chapter in this book, you never managed to drag anything which I am grateful for because some people drag their work which makes you very impatient and it gets a lot of readers leaving the book and going for something else, something better but you managed to keep it minimal.

Characters:

Okay so, in my opinion, I love Quartz from the very first chapter and she is one very fascinating character which you created.I'm so thankful that you didn't create her as one of those idiotic hot-headed girls but you managed to put some sass into her but she is still sweet and loves her.

The way you describe Aaron is impeccable. I love the way you compared his green eyes to the forest and trees it makes me fall in love with his eyes too because I imagine those luscious beautiful green leaves just swirling inside his beautiful orbs. It's just awesome.

I love how you are building a relationship with your characters and your readers, making them understand how your character feel is something we don't find often because most writers don't describe to us their feelings or what is troubling them. I also love the way you didn't incorporate so many characters that I didn't get confused because I hate that, but you did it awesomely.

Writing style:

Okay, so your writing style is impeccable. There are no problems there whatsoever. Like I said I love how you end your chapters with cliffhangers and you create that suspense, which is the best thing because you got your readers excited to read more of your work. I also love how you don't rush into anything and you are not to slow with the murder case of the best friend which I'm very grateful for, because I don't like when writers rush into things.

Language:

In all your chapters your grammar has not been a problem and I was so thankful for that because grammar is something which sets off your mood while reading the book and some readers won't read it anymore because it ruins their mood while reading your book, so your grammar is perfect.No typos which is also excellent.

Overall this book is really amazing and I hope that you do really good in the future because you got some talent there. I will most certainly rate this book an 8/10 because you managed to make this book about witches which not many people like but you got me liking them more than vampires only in this book, vampires are my everything. You also have an incredible writing style so keep up the good work!

   You also have an incredible writing style so keep up the good work!

--------------

Here was your review!
Hope you found what you wanted!

Good day🥂