Deep in the Woods ☆ Phoenix

Author: Being_A_Pluviophile

Reviewer: PhoenixAqua

Chapters Reviewed: 10

Book Cover:

The book cover is nice. The picture used is also nice. It gives off hints that it is going to be an exciting adventure of a girl. For some reason, it reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. The font colour of the title is really nice. I like how the font style and colour of 'WOODS' really go together.

The colours in the cover match a lot. The fact that the background is a little dark/dull gives room for the title to really stand out.

Title

The title is in line with the concept of the book. It gives off hints that the book events take place mainly in the woods.

Blurb

The blurb is good. It highlights the main events in the book without giving out a lot of information. The last sentence in the blurb is a really good cliffhanger.

Descriptions, Grammar, Vocabulary

The descriptions are very good. They help the reader picture each scene clearly. The grammar is good too. I noticed a few mistakes (most of which were punctuation errors). The vocabulary is good. There is a nice variety of words.

Characters

Cass is a really good character. She is really strong. She is a nice person, even though she has gone through a difficult past. I am not sure if she just has good instincts or if she is part wolf though...

Natasha is okay. She is a good friend. She seems like the more outgoing person between her and Natasha.

Cass' mom is strong, just like her daughter. She sacrificed herself so many times for the sake of her daughter.

Jason is quite deceptive - making Cass believe that he liked her when he just wanted money. Then again, I feel that the relationship between him and Cass is rushed. In Chapter 1, Cass mentioned that they never really interacted, other than "Hello"s and "Bye"s. This fact makes it strange that not more that a week later, which is the timeline I established as I read, he calls her "love" when he texts her.

Brian is a crazy person, honestly. It is as if he is obsessed with abusing and disrupting the peace in the lives of Cassandra and her mum.

Matthew is a good guy, really. I like his character. I just feel that the relationship between him and Cass is rushed. From what I read, in under 5 days, both of them trusted each other like siblings - really close siblings. I think it should have taken a while for that trust to have been established (at least, a couple of weeks).

Anton is really possessive and harsh. He is quite dangerous. I feel sorry that Cass has such an individual as a mate.

In summary, the characters are good. I advise more development of each character and slowing down the pace of the relationships.

Storyline

The storyline is good. The plot is great. It really is interesting.

Dialogue

The dialogue is good. I just feel that it needs more development, i.e more of the characters' emotions should be channeled into their statements.

Enjoyment

I really enjoyed the book. I had to stop reading it in order to write this review. The book is really interesting. It is great how you low-key leave cliffhangers in each chapter. I will continue reading the book whenever I can.

Review at a Glance

Book Cover: 8/10

Title: 9/10

Blurb: 7/10

Descriptions, Grammar & Vocabulary: 7/10

Characters: 6/10

Storyline: 8/10

Dialogue: 5/10

Enjoyment: 9/10

Overall points: 59/80

Here's your customized quote!

And here's your good read sticker!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

Good luck!

-Phoenix.