Of Fire and Ashes ☆ Alice

Author: walkingnorth-

Reviewer: ALICE_1616

Chapters reviewed: One short story.

Title:

I loved the title. It gives me a vibe of someone broken but still strong. It's like someone fierce but still cool. This is what I have written without observing your cover or blurb.

Cover:

The setting of the cover was in a forest with a hand holding ash in hand and then there is a fire somewhere. I liked the cover. The text used on it is also clearly seen from a small device too. The cover fits your genre. It is good but I think it could be better.

Blurb:

There is really nothing too much going on in your blurb. You have kept the information minimal for the readers to explore more. But then you have written, 'New stories added each week' which is not true since your last update was on the 15th of July.

Instead, you could write, 'New stories added slowly' or 'Slow updates'.

Story:

I am writing this as I am proceeding through the chapter. The title of this particular story is very attractive. You have used the word 'Shade' to describe magic which is not so common and looks nice while reading.

The first sentence is like a punchline where magic is described as a colour of frost. Frost is not a colour. It is described as blue in the story which I like.

The description of the frost then is just amazing. You have a really simple and easy to understand writing style. I loved it. It creates visuals. And a short story doesn't include this many details but I am finding it interesting.

Your thought about the frost blue magic thread is something I have never come across. It's unique.

The different colours of magic. The shop of magic. The structure of magic. Your comparisons. The length of the paragraphs.

These were the small things that made your story beautiful. The older woman connecting to Astra instantly without even thinking twice was kind of strange. But maybe it was because she felt a connection with Astra because both of them lost their powers because of the same reason.

Overall:

It was quite a lot of imagination. And when I slept last night, I had a very similar dream. That means your story was successfully established inside my mind.

--------------

Here was your review!
Hope you found what you wanted!

Good day🥂