Haunted ☆ Agni

Author: azarathed

Reviewer: agni_infinity

[Reviewer's note: I apologize for the very late review... But also, reading your book re-awakened this part of my childhood that I had long forgotten. Beast boy and Raven were my first ever ship and I love you for reminding me of that in a particularly trying time! I hope my review helps...]

First Impression:

You have a good cover. But it tends to get lost in the crowd. It doesn't suit the aesthetic of haunted as it is bright white. Your title needs to be of a larger font. But, I loved how you made it so obvious that it was a Raven fanfic!

Your blurb was pretty cool. But it had a lot of unnecessary spacing. I would recommend you to reduce it as it isn't very visually pleasing.

Your title is cool and intriguing to members of the fandom! Good job!

My first impression of your book was good.

First Chapter:

You did a good job of opening the book. Not a great banging one-liner that immediately gets the reader interested, but a good, solid introduction that bleeds into the story. Just like Raven.

It goes on to show how each character is... Beast Boy and Cyborg... How the titan's despite what they do are too just teens. It normalises them. And then suddenly the blaring action come into play ending with a painful cliff hanger. that's some really good storytelling skills right there!

Grammar:

Your grammar is pretty good, and I never spotted even a single typo. It really shows the amount of hard work gone into editing and that is highly appreciated. there is nothing else to say. I would rather just like to point out the large line spacing in some areas. I'm guessing you do it between two different scenes? But just try using something else. It's up to you, this was just a suggestion!

Writing Style:

I love it. I love how each character does exactly what that character would do at that particular time! I love how your vocabulary and word choice just hit right! It's really good. But I feel it still lacks something... A little liveliness perhaps. But that only adds on to Raven's aesthetic, I guess. But it is after effects move on to beast boy's perspective, just a little bit.

Characterization:

Okay, you are painfully accurate with this. How? Teach me your secrets! LOL. Anyway. I loved your characterization. Each character is portrayed very well. Justice is done to every one of them. Besides the point I already made about Raven's POV darkness creeping up slightly to Beasty's POV, there's nothing I got. Nothing.

Plot:

The plot was very original. Although tied to the teen titans universe, it still had a twist of its own. It was slow at some places but really helped with the story's overall aesthetic!

--------

Here was your review!
Hope you found what you wanted and really sorry for the delay!

Good day🥂