Prologue | Characters

"I, the prince of Hastinapur, son of King Pandu, swears in front this  holy fire of Panchaali and I's marriage  and the blood of my father that runs through my body that I will not marry any other woman in any circumstances." Ajuna vowed. Draupad smiled but Panchaali didn't move a muscle.

"You are marrying me in an unexpected circumstance... What if this type of situation comes up again in front of you? Again a maiden is at my place?" Yagyaseni asked.

"I will rather step into the holy fire than to make seven vows to a maiden and break the vow I made to you, Krishnaa." Savyasachi smiled a little. Panchaali felt better than she was feeling when he called her Krishnaa.

Draupadi sighed, "Why so? Why are you marrying me to save me?"

"Krishnaa..." Arjun said, calmly, he knew the fireborn princess will not be satisfied by well said dialogues. "I'm the reason you are in this situation, so it's my duty to get you out of it."

"Is that all?" Her lotus eyes gazed at him.

"Yes, Panchaali."

They proceeded further for the marriage rituals.

___

"I want Arjun! I want Arjun!" Uruvi yelled and threw the vase in the direction of her brother, Duroyodhana, prince and to be king of Khandav.

"Priya Behen!(Dear sister!)" He said, "please don't hurt yourself by lifting such heavy things."

"I will, I will kill myself if I don't get Arjuna!" Uruvi cried.

"Meri bacchi! (My daughter!)" Said Gandharaj, "I promise you will get Arjuna!"

"How? He had vowed not to marry someone else than that Panchaali!" Uruvi yelled.

"Why you think I'll get you be the second wife of Arjuna?" Shakuni smiled mischievously, "Arjun will only be yours."

_______________________________________

Princess Draupadi of Panchal

Princess Draupadi of Panchal. First born of King Draupad. She is called a warrior princess by the people as she masters in weaponry. Panchal a territory under Hastinapur.  She is known as "Beauty with brain" all over the Aryavrat, it is also said that there's no woman as beautiful as her in the world. All the princes want  her but only one is there who is destined to love her.