Chapter 7 • Speechless

"I can't marry Draupad Kanya, Draupadi," Karna declared.

Draupad chuckled, thinking he's kidding.
"Angraj, I appreciate your humour but it's little too much." Draupad stated.

"No, I'm not joking. I can marry woman like Draupadi." Karna made a disgusted face.

There was now mumbling between all the guests. Arjun was confused.

"What are you saying, Angraj?" Draupad was almost at the verge of getting a heart attack.

"You heard me right, I will not marry a girl like your daughter!" Karna scoffed.

"What do you mean, Angraj Karna?" Breaking her silence, Draupadi demanded answer.

"I will not marry a characterless woman like you!" He yelled.

The mumblings now turned to talkings. Arjun fisted his hands, how can someone accuse his Krishnaa?

"How dare you Angraj Karna!" Draupadi was enraged, she held her up to slap him but he caught her wrist.

"Not this time, Draupadi." He smirked and he dragged her in front of Arjun, who was standing in between Vasudev and his father.

"Look at this everyone!" Karna announced, "This lady was seen on the streets with this prince! She was roaming around with another man when ony three days were left for her wedding day! What will you call such a girl?" It was Karna's plan, to insult Draupadi as well as his biggest rival.

Here comes a wave meant to wash me away
A tide that is taking me under
Broken again, left with nothing to say
My voice drowned out in the thunder

"And my witnesses," Karna said and more than fifty men entered.

"We all have seen them together!" They confessed.

"Tell me... Am I doing anything wrong by not marrying a characterless and immoral maiden?"

All started dissing Draupadi, Arjun couldn't take all this and he stepped ahead but his mother held his hand, signalling him not to do anything.

"But I can't cry
And I can't start to crumble
Whenever they try
To shut me or cut me down"

Draupadi spoke up again in her defence, "Just because I met him doesn't mean we did something wrong! You can't accuse me!"

"Ah! You wanton!" Karna spat, "girls like you should be put in prison!"

"Enough Angraj!" Divyanshi spoke in defence of her sister, "Enough is enough! If you don't have to marry my sister, get lost!"

"Ah, you all see... King Draupad had grew up two rebellious and ill-mannered daughters." Karna said.

"Okay, Angraj, now you can leave!" Draupad said.

"You incapable king! You don't have a heir for your territory. Just daughters and a adopted son(Dhirshtidumn)! I'm going to end this immoral rule of yours, King Draupad!" Karna snarled.

"I won't be silenced
You can't keep me quiet
Won't tremble when you try it
All I know is I won't go speechless"

Then one by one soldiers started coming and they captivated Divyanshi, Radha, Draupad and Dhristdumana.

At last they marched towards Draupadi.