Chapter 9 • Really his?

They proceeded for the wedding ceremony.

It was supposed to be a happy one. Kunti wasn't pleased, she didn't dream to get her beloved son married this way. She was totally against Draupadi and also the vow Arjun took for her. She wasn't going to forgive Arjun anytime soon.

There was a sparky feeling between Arjun and Draupadi

There was a sparky feeling between Arjun and Draupadi. They weren't happy but they weren't sad. It was a mixture of emotions. Arjun didn't dream to marry his Krishnaa in such circumstances. He was blaming himself for whatever happened. He had let her be insulted by them, it was his remorse which he wanted to punish himself for.

The garlands were exchanged and they sat for the other rites.

Arjun filled her hair partition with sindoor and then placed the chaudamani on her bun. She was his wife. She was his now... But was she really his?

They walked to take the blessings of the elders

They walked to take the blessings of the elders. King Pandu gave his blessings, do did Vidhur and Draupad and of course Vasudev, no one can forget him.

But as soon as Draupadi and Arjun bent to touch Kunti's feet, she stepped back. Arjun looked up to her with disheartened and broken expressions, she turned her face away from him. It killed Arjun, she was his mother... Maybe she was his step mother but he loved her like his own. It stabbed his heart and filled it with remorse. Draupadi didn't stand up, she touched the place Kunti's feet were before she stepped back. Kunti looked at Draupadi, her expressions softened a little but nothing else.

.

"Oh my god, I literally I can't believe that my jiju is the Prince Arjun instead of that pathetic Karna!" Divyanshi said.

Arjun smiled a little.

"And jija ji, you know, I've heard alot about your valour and also that you weren't interested in getting marri--" she stopped in midway and struck her tongue between her teeth.

"No no, it's okay, carry on, Prince Divyanshi." Arjun said.

"It's just... Divya for you." Divyanshi said.

"Oh thanks." Arjun said.

"I should be thanking you." Divyanshi said, sighing.

"No, not really," Arjun said.