Chapter 8 • His Decison

"I ca-" Karna was interrupted by an arrow striking his hand and Draupad was freed. Another arrow freed Divyanshi. The arrows were of no one other than Arjuna.

New soldiers started coming in, Vasudev smirked, his Narayani Sena was here before anything more bad would have happened.

"Oh so now Arjuna finally comes in the defence of this woman??" Karna snarled.

"Yes," Arjun replied.

"Let's have a duet of archery... Let's see who's the best." Karna said and got his bow.

Arjun sighed, "I'm not the best but I try to be better than myself... I don't compete with anyone."

"Or you are scared."

A arrow strikes from Arjuna's bow, "Let the end decided that. And I'm really not in mood of forgiveness."

They started a archery duel.

Arjun and Karna fought with rage. Arjun was enraged because of all the insults Karna gave to Draupadi. Seeing Draupadi in pain, Arjun was in pain and finally he disobeyed his mother. Madri was hurt.

Arjun, of course, was better than Karna. Karna very soon realised that he won't win and neither will his army from the Naryani Sena.

He  used a thunderstorm making mantra and while Arjuna could answer it. He ran away from the palace to save his life. Arjun wouldn't leave him, Karna had done more than enough.

As Karna ran away, everything calmed, the soldiers too.

People weren't saying anything. Then Draupad was about to dismiss the function when Gandharaj Shakuni stepped it.

He smiled mischievously and closed his one eye, saying, "Maharaj Draupad... What will happen now? You know if a princess' marriage is broken on the mandap itself. No prince will come to marry her... And  Your daughter also has sharp tongue and habit of breaking the rules! Karna was right. She is ill mannered."

Arjun spoke at this,"right now you are forgetting your manners, Gandharaj. If speaking for yourself is a crime..then Draupadi is ill mannered. And I don't think iris, so Draupadi did nothing wrong."

"Oh, you will of course support her, Prince Arjun!" Duroyodhana said.

"Yeah, I will." Arjun replied confidentially.

"No one will marry your daughter, Draupad," Shakuni said and Draupad seemed to think about it. Then Shakuni smiled, "If you give the throne of Panchal to my nephew Duroyodhan, he will marry your daughter... He is kind, you know."

Draupad scoffed at his words, "I will rather have my daughter maiden all her life than to now get her married to an undeserving man... I won't repeat my mistake."

Draupadi smiled a little, contented with her father's words.

"So you will Keep your daughter maiden? Oh Draupad, you are so mean and greedy, you will keep your daughter maiden but not give your throne." Shakuni made a disgusted face.

"I will not marry anyone!" Draupadi declared.

Duroyodhana turned to everyone else, "you see, this ill mannered woman? No one should marry this type of girls! No one!"

The crowd repeated, "No one will marry Draupad Kanya, Draupadi!!"

Draupadi's anger stormed... Her anger was turning into grief but she won't cry. She will not. Draupadi kept her face straight, only someone knowing her or connected her in some way can make out that she was dying inside.

Arjun looked at Draupadi, his heart felt heavy... Isn't he the cause of all this? He shook her head. He can't let Draupadi's life turn worse more than it already is. He needs to change her perspective. Perspective that all princes and royal man are same.

"Shut up!" Everyone was silent at Prince Arjun's words.

"Maharaj Draupad, I will marry Draupadi in exchange of nothing." Arjun declared. Arjun couldn't make out if he said so because of love or something else. He just wanted to save Draupadi from this hell.

Now there were whispers. kunti was shocked and totally against it, King Pandu was Shocked but definitely not against, he looked proud of his son's decision. Vasudev was smiling as always.

"I will marry her."

"Are you sure, Prince Arjuna?" Asked Draupad.

"As sure as I am when I aim my arrow to strike the enemy." He said.

"Draupadi, are you okay with this?" Draupadi asked.

Draupadi wanted to say no. But she nodded in yes.

"Oh! You see, it was a plan!" Shakuni said, "After doing raas leela with Princesses, he marries her! Ah! What plan! Was insulting Karna was also a plan, Arjun? He is your rival though."

"Gandharaj Shakuni." Vasudev stepped in the con.

"Vasudev..." Shakuni got nervous. He knew, his plans and words can only be twisted by Vasudev.

"You better step out of here... Or you know. I know many of your secrets." Vasudev said.

"Ah, I was just..." Vasudev glared smilingly at Shakuni, frightening him with just that.

"Going." Shakuni said and went back to his place.

"But.. prince Arjun." Draupad started, "you are marrying my daughter for what sake, I don't know... She is the heir of my half territory. You will have if after you get married to her. You will marry many other women in future... For love and etc...Because your other wives might question her about your and her marriage thing... Maybe my daughter's son will not get what he deserves... My daughter will be forgotten? Forsaken? In front of your other wives... She will be criticized? Ah! It's just a father speaking of her daughter's wellfare." Draupad asked.

Draupadi looked at Arjun with expectant eyes. She thought that he will not deny this marriage. Arjun somehow understood her and sighed.

"I, Arjun, the prince of Hastinapur, son of King Pandu, swears in front this  holy fire of Panchaali's and I's marriage  and the blood of my father that runs through my body that I will not marry any other woman in any circumstances." Ajuna vowed. Draupad smiled at this but Panchaali didn't move a muscle.

"You are marrying me in an unexpected circumstance... What if this type of situation comes up again in front of you? Again a maiden is at my place?" Yagyaseni asked.

"I will rather step into the holy fire than to make seven vows to a maiden and break the vow I made to you, Krishnaa." Savyasachi smiled a little. Panchaali felt better than she was feeling when he called her Krishnaa.

Draupadi sighed, "Why so? Why are you marrying me to save me?"

"Krishnaa..." Arjun said, calmly, he knew the fireborn princess will not be satisfied by well said dialogues. "I'm the reason you are in this situation, so it's my duty to get you out of it."

"Is that all?" Her lotus eyes gazed at him.

"Yes, Panchaali."

They proceeded further for the marriage rituals.

_____________________________________________________

😊😊😊😊How was the update???

Did you all like it?

Do comment and wait for the next chapter💕💕💕

Don't forget to
VOTE💞
COMMENT💞
SHARE💞