Chapter 20 • Home

Arjun was out with the old man for wood cutting chores and Draupadi was helping the old lady.

Arjun was dressed as a commoner so that's why no one could recognise her.

A few men were walking by, they were known to the old man.

"Kaka!" One of the man said to the old man. They started talking to the old man. Arjun kept doing him work when he heard Hastinapur.
He knew, to eavesdrop, is a bad habit but he couldn't resist.

"What should we say about Hastinapur, it's devastated, it's ruining after the death of Rajkumar Arjun and Rajkumari Draupadi. No heir to the throne, yeah there are the other two princes but they aren't at all eligible, neither in age nor in skills."

"The kingdom will surely go in ruins and don't forget the news that Karna is planning to attack Hastinapur. The king is already old and in grief of his son... Hastinapur goes into ruins."

Arjun sighed.
.
Draupadi noticed Arjun's depressed mood, it irked her. He wasn't even talking to her.

After the dinner was done and they were planning to sleep she finally asked.

"Arya, what's wrong?" She asked, softly.

He looked up to her before sighing.

"Arya?" She shifted closer to him, touching his face in a slow manner.

"What is it?" She asked again.

"Krishnaa." He told her whatever he heard from the men.

"We're going back to Hastinapur." She said as he finished.

"What? Krishnaa, we still don't know and I can risk to lose yo--" she kept her finger on his lips.

"As long as I have you by my side, nothing can ever happen to me and maybe be if you're a little away, you come back running to me... Like you always do." She smiled.

He sighed before curving his lips into a smile, "You always have enough reasons to convince me."

"I know." She giggled and kept her head on his chest, "But we can be so selfish because we aren't. I know the more time you'll spend here, away from Hastinapur, the more you'll hurt and wrenched."

"How come you know me so well?" Arjun wrapped his arms around her

"I don't know." She said.

Draupadi looked up at him, he touched her face and smiled.

"What are you planning to do?" She shyly asked.

"As if you don't know, Panchali. "

"Shushh..." She smiled, "They will hear you."

"What did I say, Krishnaa?" He grinned, "I didn't say anything. Did you understand something which I haven't said?"

"It's Savyasachi." She smiled, softly.

"oh yeah, because Krishnaa loves him, doesn't she?" He smirked.

"As much as Draupadi loves Arjuna." She smiled.

He leaned forward to kiss her and something more which won't be ever perfectly described by words, just feeling.

.

Madri and others were getting ready for the yagna for Arjun and Draupadi, unknown to something shocking.

Arjun and Draupadi said goodbyes to the old man and woman.

The old man and woman walked in and what they found was like a blessing to them.

Arjun and Draupadi had left all their royal jewellery there. They made the poor rich, anyways.