Chapter 1 • Strange Strangers

The Hazel eyed man with a muscular physique walked around the bazaar or you say local market.

One the other side, a lady walked with slow steps, taking the veiw of each and everyone thing happening around. She looked nothing like an ordinary women, she had a grace, a charm which she was hiding by the veil of the edge of her dupatta she was holding on over her face.

The man was too unlike others. He was dressed in a white dhoti, red sadri and a matching pagdi.

The lady found a few beggars, begging for food from the shopkeepers but the shopkeeper shooed them away.

The hungry kids looked at the fruits, the kind heart of the lady couldn't take it. She walked to the stall of fruits and gave some fruit to each kid without bothering to ask from the shopkeeper.

"Hey, Hey!" The shopkeeper yelled at the girl, "You thief! You stole the fruits! I want money!"

"I don't have any money, sorry but I will surely give you if you let me go this time."

"No, no,no! Thief! I want money or--" he was forestalled by his wife.

"Aaha! Look at her bangles, they look so precious," the shopkeeper's wife said, "Take them from her in place of money."

"Give me those as the cost of the fruits you gave to the beggars!" The shopkeeper said, cruelly.

"No, I can't give you these bangles, sorry, but I promise I will give you, your money, I'm not a thief." The girl said.

"Every thief says that!" The shopkeeper's wife said.

"Give me the bangles!" The shopkeeper demanded, he motioned to his workers, they held the girl by her hand and started to take the bangle off her wrist when a muscular bangle stopped them and punched then in the face.

"This was for touching a woman without her will." It was the same man who wasn't so ordinary, he took out some money from his pocket and gave to the shopkeeper, "I think it's the price of the fruits and if you say it's more than this, then I'd better call the officer, trust me, I know them."

They backed off and left the girl.

"You are okay, Miss?" Asked the man.

"Yes, thank you."

"Welcome." The smiled a bit.

The crowd dispersed and the man walked in the opposite direction of the girl.

"Oh, wait!" The girl called after him but he didn't stop, so she ran after him.

"Can't you hear me!" The lady panted as she kept her hand on his shoulder, he stopped and turned.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, ma'am. There's alot of noise you see." He replied calmy.

"You paid two gold coins for me... I should repay you." The girl said.

"It's okay," he said.

"Wow, how casually you are saying that it's okay!" She was shocked.

"Maybe I'm not into money, ma'am." He replied.

"Not into money?" She chuckled and examined his appearance.

"You are not of Panchaal..." She said.

"I'm from Hastinapur," He said.

"Oh, wow, Hastinapur. State of  Arjuna, the great Arjuna!" She laughed, acting like pulling the string of her imaginary bow.

"You are mocking my Prince?"

"No, no... I didn't mean it. I mean I'm telling you about him what I have heard about him." She shrugged her shoulders.

"No everything we hear about someone is true." He said.