Chapter 22 • Distraction

Draupadi sat caressing Arjun's head.

"I don't know what to say to you, you are always strange," she said softly to him and the bruises were his but she was feeling the pain.

A dasi entered.

"Yes, say!" Draupadi asked the maid.

"Maharani wants to see you, Rajkumari." Said the maid and walked away.

Draupadi sighed, bent to kiss Arjun's forehead and walked out of the chamber.
.

"Draupadi, are you okay Putri?" Asked Kunti.

"Ji, Ma." Said Draupadi.

"Here, take this potion for Arjun, he will feel better. Sorry for especially calling you. I wanted to make sure you are alright." Kunti said.

"Yes, ma, it's okay." She smiled and walked back to her and Arjun's chamber.
.

Arjun had woken up as he was thirsty, he thought that his Panchali would be by his side but she wasn't.
He sighed and tried to get up but the wounds weren't very helping with him.

Draupadi entered the same time, she saw him wince in pain, she kept the potion on the table and ran to him.

"Arya, what happened? Oh I am sorry I.. wasn't here.. ma called so I went.. I am sorry." She muttered in a breath.

Arjun laughed at her worried face, "Why so stressed, I am okay, the wounds were just telling me that they are there."

"But still..." She said and sighed, cupping his face in her soft hands, "What were you looking for?"

"The one thing that calms my thirst. Well that's you too but I was talking about water at this particular moment." He grinned.

"You are never gonna..."

"Never gonna what? Never gonna miss a chance to make your cheeks turn tomato red?" He grinned.

"I wasn't Blushing."

"Oh you were, you don't know but you were, you always blush." He smiled.

"Shut up," she again blushed and got his water.

"Thank you." He said.

"Whatever." She said and he laughed.

"Why so serious, Krishnaa? I am here trying to chill you know?" Arjun said, wiggling is eyebrows at him.

"Anything. I seriously don't understand. I either can feel proud or sad and this definitely something strange. You are like a wounded soldier only because you didn't fight back...what if.. what if he hadn't stopped? Huh? Then?" She fiddled with her bangle, looking down, hiding her tears.

"Krishnaa.." Arjun was now worried, he hates to see her crying. He softly held up her face by chin to meet her teary eyes.

"It's okay but I know you will always be there to save me." Arjun said.

"Hmm..." Draupadi nodded a little, "I will because you don't take care of yourself."

"As if you take care of yourself." He grinned, "but you take care of me. Now I get it. It's like we can't take care of ourselves but we can of each other."

She smiled, "Okay."

"Yes." He smiled.

_ _

Nakul and Sehdev walked in their mother's room.

There they found three faces smiling at them.

"Bhabhi, what happened?" Nakul asked Draupadi who stood beside Arjun.
"Ummm.. we are going to Panchal." Draupadi said.