Chapter 40 • Homecoming.

"Krishnaa!!!" Arjun exclaimed, a little too excited.
"What is it, arya?" Draupadi said, "let me sleep."

"You are sleeping from so long..."

"So?? You have some problem with that?"

"No, its better you sleep, at least I will have some peace of mind for some time."

She narrowed her eyes at him, "What do you mean?"

"Nothing, I thought you were sleeping.."

"Huh, want me to sleep so that you can keep saying such things about me??"

"No, no, I didn't mean that but see now you are awake, plan works." He winked.

"Wicked man." She said, hitting his chest.

"Am I?" He grinned.

"Yes!!!!" She said and he hugged her, she sighed, smilingly.

"What is it by the way, why you wanted me to wake up?" She asked.

"Oh that!" He exclaimed again, getting all excited, "how can I forget!!"

"What?" She asked, unknown.

"Here,see, you are showing, I noticed!!!!" Arjun said, smiling widely, looking at her stomach.

Draupadi smiled at him, "you noticed such a tiny thing? It's not even a big change!"

"I notice every single thing about you, after all you are my only muse." He said, kissing her forehead.

"This man gets me emotional." She smiled.

"Your man."

"Of course, only mine." She said.

___

Uruvi was perflexed about everything, she walked to the balcony while vrishketu slept in his crib. What have I done in my life else than being jealous and obsessed? She repeated the question, sighing she walked back in the room.

She looked at the crib, Vrishketu wasn't there, her face turned pale, where is her child? She started panicking, she looked around in hope of finding her son, no maid was there who could have seen him. She was a verge of crying when she heard her son's giggles. Krishna entered with him in his arms.

Forgetting everything, she ran and took her son to her and cuddled him to her chest.

"How come he was with you, Vasudev?" She asked, "I was so scared! Why did you take him!" She almost yelled.

"I was just having some talks with him, well you can make sure he all fine. I swear I didn't do anything." He smiled.

"Yes. My heart stopped when I didn't find him..."

"You are his mother after all."

"Hmm.." she hummed and smiled looking at her son

"So was Draupadi." He added and her smiled faded.

"What are you trying to say?"

"Just that your heart almost stopped when you didn't find your son for some moments, think about Draupadi, she lost her child forever, because of whom?"

Uruvi looked down, in shame.

"I am not saying it was your fault, you were immature but if you could have used all you heart... And made your husband walk on the right Path instead of encouraging him to do such a hinious crime..  he would have been alive, along with Draupadi's child."

"Vasudev..." She said, "maybe I realised it.. but.. what's... I am... I am sorry... I can understand Draupadi's pain now... I can't imagine I did that to her... And then I made their life even more hell... It's too late."