Chapter 21 • Gurudakshina

The Assembly was conducted, Kunti had her place beside the King and Draupadi beside Arjun.

"What's the matter of today, Vidhur?" Pandu asked.

"Arjun's coronation." Vidhur replied firmly.

Arjun sighed and looked away, wasn't his Coronation the reason he almost lost the love of his life?

"So what about it?" Asked Pandu, "My eldest son, Arjun is definitely the heir and his coronation can take place anytime, what about it, Vidhur?"

"Actually, it's not me, it's... Umm. Prince Arjun hasn't paid the Gurudakshina to his teacher, Guru Dronacharya yet."

Draupadi looked at Arjun in perflexed manner.

"I have asked him alot of times about Gurudakshina...he never tells what he wants. So what can I give him?" Arjun whispered to her.

"Hmm.." Draupadi responded.

"So Dronacharya is here to have some words." Vidhur said and Dronacharya entered.

"Maharaj Pandu, all I want in Gurudakshina is that Arjun defeats me in Archery and Swordplay." Dronacharya announced.

Arjun was shocked, how can he attack his teacher? The teacher he had worshipped no less than his parents.

"What do you say, Arjun, my favourite student?" Dronacharya asked Arjun.

"How can I.. can duel with you Gurudev? How can I?" Arjun asked.

"Take me as you opponent there!" Dronacharya asked.

"But... Gurudev, I'd rather take your arrows and sword flings as blessings than to answer them." Arjun confessed.

"Then let it be so, you will duel with me. my final decision." Saying this, Dronacharya left.

Arjun was in delimma. What was he gonna do?
.
"Arya?" Draupadi asked Arjun as he was sitting by the lake side, silent. She walked closer to him and sat beside him.

"I will not answer his attacks." Arjun said.

She understood what he was talking about.

"But Arya... He seems to be very serious about it.. you should...you have to." Draupadi said.

"I have worshipped him  as my idol, Krishnaa, I can't attack him. I can't hurt him."

"Don't you think that your not obeying his words would hurt him?" Draupadi asked.

"That's not really the thing Draupadi. He would never do such a thing. There's something more about it. Something he can't express but that is evident in his eyes... He is being forced to do so." Arjun said.

"I see but there's no way we can find out other than you fight him." Draupadi said.

"Hmm," he sighed, she knew in how much delimma he was. She smiled a little and hugged him, that made him smile. She makes finds a way to make him smile,  she was his reason to smile.

"Krishnaa, so much love?" He grinned, hugging her more closer to him..

"All my love's you, Savyasachi." She smiled and kept her head on his chest.

"Yes, only mine." He said, her presence soothing his heart.

"So are you!" She smiled.

.

It was the day of the duel between a teacher and a student.

Arjun was not going to fight back, he has made this promise to himself.