Chapter 5 • The Trickster

Panchal

Unfortunately, Arjun wasn't unseen by Karna and neither was Draupadi.

As Arjun and Draupadi walked in the city, they heard the trumpets again.

Draupadi had decided to tell Arjun who she really is but before that they saw Karna going back to the palace before he flashed a evil smile at Draupadi which many of the people didn't notice including Arjun.

Draupadi understood that Karna is not surely upto good and she needs to go.

"Savyasachi, I have to go." Draupadi said.

"Why?" Arjuna frowned.

"I have to. I'm sorry," she was herself not in a mood of leaving but she knew she had to.

"Krishnaa, okay, let's do that again," Arjun said.

"What?" She asked.

"Here, take my precious dagger," He smiled and handed it to her, "I'll come back for it."

"When?"

"After four days."

Draupadi gulped, after four days was her marriage with Karna.

"But--" Draupadi was forestalled by Arjun, "No buts and ifs, you will have to."

"Savyasachi--"

"You don't wanna come? Meet me again?" Arjun lowered his face and frowned.

"No..."

"No?" Arjun was shocked.

"No, I mean.. I will manage, I will try to."

"What? You will try?"

"I will..okay?" She smiled.

"Okay." He smiled.

"Take care," she said.

"See you after four days!" He flashed a bright smile at her.

"Yeah.."

__

Karna was smiling to himself.

"What is it, My lord?" Asked his assistant.

"A nice plan to destroy Draupadi." Karna smirked.

"How, my lord?" Asked the assistant.

"That you'll get to know when I'll execute it." Karna said, "What does Priya Drau thinks? That she'll be roaming around with Arjuna and Karna will have no idea?" Of course he knew his biggest rival by face.

_

"Drau, what's this?" Radha asked as she saw the dagger.

"Ah...a proof that he'll come and I'll also go to meet him."

Radha grinned, "You know, in North eastern countries... On marriage the husband gives his wife a dagger. Is he from there?"

"Don't make up silly things!" Draupadi said, hiding her blushy face.

"I'm not making up this, it's true!" Radha laughed.

"Jokes aside, Radhe! I'm very confused by Karna's behaviour, he saw me there. He didn't tell father. He didn't say a word to me. I don't know what is going on in his evil mind." Draupadi sighed.

"Hmmm." Radha hummed at her words.
_
Hastinapur

"Arjuna!" Kunti called Arjuna.

"Yes, ma," he said.

"Son, we have to get ready, we have to head to Panchal." Kunti said.

"What for?" Arjun said, pretending that he is not interested though he was happy. He loved Panchal for a reason.