Chapter 39 • Can't be True

Draupadi was making food while Arjun was out on some work but it was about to be the time he would come back. Soon she heard a yell, as first she thought it's her mind playing games with her but after she heard it again. She walked out.

Following the sound of the yells, shs reached deep into the forest only to find a little girl yelling in horror. Draupadi recognised the girl, it was Diya, Draupadi's off shoot according to Arjun as she loves to run away from her home.

"Diya?"

"Aunt Krishnaa??" Diya ran to her and hugged Draupadi, probably she was crying.

"Hey, what happened?" Asked Draupadi to the girl.

"There's... there's... A tiger."

"You are fooling me?" Draupadi chuckled.

"No, I am not. I swear, he is coming after me..."

"Nothing is there."

"There is!!!"

"I said na, nothing let's go, come with me, you are probably tire--"

Draupadi was interrupted by a growl, a hungry tiger's growl, gulping the tear, Draupadi looked up to the tiger, he growled again, Draupadi's breathing fastened but she came in front of Diya, standing in front of the little girl, who she peeped a little to see the hungry animal.

Draupadi stood in front of the tiger straight, looking at him in the eyes. She knew if she ran, he'll attack and also, running is not her thing really for many reasons not only because she was pregnant but also she hates running away like a coward.

The tiger seemed to be pleased to see his lunch, he advanced towards them with slow steps.

Diya was scared to no end, she tugged at Draupadi's saree crying, "he'll eat us."

"No." Draupadi said, the tiger increased his speed and and jumped over Draupadi but a arrow striked his leg and he fell on the ground.

Soon the master of the arrow appeared too, Savyasachi.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he hugged Draupadi.

"You were on time." She said.

"Thanks to you, you took the marshy way to leave footsteps for me to find you." He smiled.

"Is he dead?" Diya questioned, making Arjun and Draupadi part from their closeness.

"No, you two can hug or whatever, I swear I didn't see anything." Diya giggled. They Blushed at her comment.

"He isn't dead, just injure and unconscious, so before he wakes up, I am going to take out my arrow from his leg and carry him away from here."

"Okay. Take care, come fast."

"Yes and you go back home with Diya."

Draupadi nodded.

After taking out the arrow, Arjun he went with the tiger.

_

"Ow, it looks like a very bad wound..." Diya said looking at Draupadi's foot.

"Yeah but it's okay." Draupadi said, "next time Diya, don't repeat this again... You were in grave danger today. Guess what would have been your parents' situation if something had happened to you."

"Sorry."

Then they heard some voices and they walked out.

"Have you seen a girl of six years anywhere?" The lady asked. Draupadi recognised her as Diya's mother and she too recognised Draupadi as Krishnaa.