Chapter 17 • Varnaprast

"Varnaprast." Kunti said.

"So what do we have to do there?" Arjun asked.

"You have to go there, just that." Kunti said.

"Okay and with Draupadi?"

"Yes." Kunti said, "You will just have to be there at the function happening there, that's all."

"Why? I'm rather interested in practicing Archery than to waste my time there."

"Putra Arjun." Vidhur spoke earning attention of Kunti and Arjun.

"Ji, Kakashree," Arjun said.

"As for a future ruler, It's important. You must go there." Vidhur said.

"Okay." Arjun sighed.

_

"What is it, Aryaputra Arjun?" Draupadi asked as Arjun entered with a perflexed face.

"Nothing, it's just... Is this necessary? For me to be the king and I don't mean that I don't like serving my people but I think I will be do as being  Arjun than being  the King. I'm not interested in politics you know, I'm not so much good in talking that can made good relations with some kingdom." He sighed.

"Okay, come on. Calm down." She smiled at him and made him sit comfortably.

"You are just stressed out and trust me, you'll be the best king ever because you don't greed for being the King and you always think about your people." She said. He gave a slight curve to his lips.

"Yes but you know, Madhav always puts me in confusion."

"What did he do now..."

"He--" he stopped, what would he tell her? And if he tells her about what Madhav said, how would she react?

"He said something I didn't understand." Arjun finished.

"Hmm," she hummed, Arjun smiled and and lay down on the bed, putting his head on her lap.

"You want a head massage?"

"You know?"

"I know everything." She smiled.

"Okay,then, go on Krishnaa." He smiled and closed his eyes.

After some time, he opened his eyes and held her hand in his.

"Thank you, Krishnaa, I feel much better." He kissed her hand.

"Arya." She blushed.

"And I think I should repay, isn't it?" He winked at her.

"I don't want any repayment." She smiled.

"Oh when you'll know what is the repayment, you'll definitely want that." He smirked and pulled her unit a kiss.

___

The next day they were ready to head towards Varnaprast and Vasudev was going back to Dwarka to resolve some issues.

"Take care, Parth." Vasudev smiled.

"I will." Arjun replied.

"And Sakhi, always wait for him, he will always be there for you." Saying this he went.

"What did he mean?"

"We'll know soon." Draupadi laughed, "because we can't see anything prior like him."

"You are right." Arjun smiled.

They headed towards Varnaprast.

__
Varnaprast.