Chapter 4 • Second meeting

Panchal

"Oh Draupadi, what did you do?" Radha said.

"Whatever I have done was right. He deserved that." Draupadi said and went to change.

"Where are you going?" Asked Radha.

"To take my bangle back." Draupadi smiled to herself.

"But.. Drau--" Radha was interrupted by Draupadi, "Please my priye behena (dear sister).. Help me as always."

"Okayyyyyy."

_

The white horse ran with his full speed and energy to get his master to the desired destination and time.

The sun was setting down, Arjun prayed to the sun to wait. He doesn't wants to break her trust, trust of his Krishnaa.

"Saibya, speed up, my friend!" He said to his horse.

__

Draupadi reached near the forest, she looked around, she found no one.

"Savyasachi!" She called out, no one was there to reply her. She paced around, looking at the sun moment by moment. Each moment felt like an year to her. At every little sound, she straightened in hope of him arriving here. Radha's words rang in her ears,

Naive.

Blind trust.

She sighed and took the support of a tree to stand, she was tried of the day and the sun was about to set.

"He will not come..." Draupadi leaned back over the stem of the tree, still in hope of her Savyasachi coming but the sun was setting down and down and there were no signs of him.

On the other side, Arjun was about to reach Panchal but the sun decided to disappear and moon took its place.

He reached the forest, it was now dark and due the trees the moonlight wasn't effective too.

It was dark, Draupadi didn't reach back to palace. What will happen? But it was night, she can't walk back to the palace, the moonlight isn't so helpful, so she sat below the tree, leaning her back against its hard stem.

"Why you had to break my trust, Savyasachi?" She whispered to herself, drifting to sleep with heavy-teary eyes. She traded the last sovernier of her mother, it was one of her remorses.

Arjun walked around in darkness, he couldn't find anyone around, he felt bad that Krishnaa would have went back home after being disappointed. He broke her trust and it pierced his heart.

He sighed and walked below and tree and rested his back against it's stem.
I'm sorry,  Krishnaa. He closed his eyes.

Unknown to each other, they were sitting on two opposite sides of the same tree.
.
The sky was now orange, indicating that the sun will soon be over the horizon, Arjun and Draupadi were asleep with their backs against the tree.

Draupadi started to open her eyes to the bright morning when she sensed something creeping over her hand, she rubbed her eyes and found a black cobra making his way up to her arm. The colors of her cheeks faded as she yelled, "Holy cow! Snake!" Maybe she mastered in weaponry and was brave enough to fight a tiger but a snake frightened her.
She tried not to move, she has heard about snakes that if you don't hurt them, they won't hurt you, so she didn't move at all, letting the snake creep over her.

Hearing the scream, Arjun woke up, he quickly stumbled to his feet and looked at the other side of the tree, where a frightened Draupadi had her eyes closed and the snake was now near to her neck. Without any second thought, all Arjun did was that he grabbed the snake and threw it away into the forest with full force. That's one of the ways to get rigid of a snake.