Deep Purple Circles

"Guys. Did you hear that?"

"Yeah, dude. Kyle, Lincoln, and Harlen locked a girl in there last night."

"Why the fuck are they now locking girls in a closet?"

"She's a total slut, dude."

"If you call me dude one more fucking time, I will not have you blame me when I break your arm."

"Sorry, Brixton."

"Why are we calling her a slut?"

"Kelsey said she had sex with her boyfriend. She supposedly knew about it."

Let me be clear, I did have sex with her boyfriend. Before anyone kills me, I had no idea that Kelsey or anyone was dating him. I believed him when he said he was single. I wanted a one night stand thing, and the guy seemed willing (more than willing). The guy so happened to be Kelsey's boyfriend. With a lot of lies and rumors, the whole situation turned worse. Derek, the boyfriend, spread rumors about him saying that he told me that he had a girlfriend (which is false), and I didn't listen when he said didn't want to have sex with me.

I didn't rape the guy. I asked if he was single. I got a yes. And believed it. I'm an idiot, yes, but I knew what I wanted and Derek was open to the idea. Being my blunt self, I asked if he wanted to have sex with me. I got another yes. I don't see anything wrong with me wanting have sex with a guy. I would never do anything without consent. 

So, I'm not being claimed as a rapist (anymore), but things have changed to slut, whore, and those kinds of things. I would rather be labeled a slut than a rapist. I would never do that to someone. Ever. It does suck that everyone believed these false rumors about me because they are afraid of Kelsey and Derek. Another reason to not like where I'm at right now.

I had no idea that he was going to cheat on his girlfriend. I was single at the time, so I figured it wasn't that big of a deal. He was single, I was single. We both wanted sex. Boom, done, over with. However, Derek had to ruin my life, my relationships, my supposedly growing friendships. I would never have had sex with the guy if I knew he was dating someone.

 I'm not that kind of girl who doesn't care about who gets hurt. I never wanted Kelsey to get hurt. I never wanted her to feel disregarded by Derek or myself. It's not like I'm taking the blame off myself because it was my fault I believed him. But, at the same time, Derek was the one who lied. He was the one that lied, so Kelsey wasn't the only hurt one that night. 

"Are they going to let her out? She must be starving."

Yes, I am. I could eat a horse. Definitely after having that panic attack.

"Brixton, come on. Someone will let her out."

"Raymond, it's the morning now. I'm letting her the fuck out."

"They are going to kill you."

"What makes you think I give a fuck? I cannot go to class knowing there's a girl locked in there."

"Fine, but if you get kicked out, that's your fault."

"I would rather be kicked out than stay in this fucking place."

A wave of exhaustion overcomes me as I hear the door open. Light streams through the closet, lighting up the side of my face. I breathe a sigh of relief. I could faint right now. 

"Are you okay?"

I look up to see another man standing there. He's fucking gorgeous. Deep hazel eyes, long almost curly brown hair. The most gorgeous jawline I have ever seen with a small beard. Thick eyebrows and tall. So fucking tall. Maybe a foot above me. I could see my hands running through that thick hair. I chew on my bottom lip as he sticks his hand out for me to take. He has a real gentle, nice face. It's strong but not intimidating. His shoulders are wide and perfectly sculpted. He's beautiful.