Rage Consumes Me

Grady grins down at me, but I don't find it to be as heartwarming as Brixton's. No, Reign. Don't start comparing them. Brixton has a girlfriend.

"I still want your number, and I'm no stalker."

Grady holds out his phone to me, and I type in my number. When I finally make my way back to the table, I can feel Brixton's anger practically radiating off of him. Uh, no. He has a girlfriend that he doesn't even like talking to. That's not my problem, and if I get another guy's number, he has no right to be mad. He literally just called me his friend. Total bullshit, I swear.

"You're jealous, aren't you?"

"No, I'm not jealous."

"Then what's wrong with you?"

"Nothing. I just don't get a good feeling from that guy."

"You haven't even met him, idiot."

"I know, kitten. I'm making sure you're safe though."

"I think I can handle myself, Brixton. But thank you very much."

"I know you can handle yourself...I want to support you though."

"And I appreciate it, but I don't need you to watch out for me all the time. I can do anything all by myself."

"Oh, I know that for sure."

Brixton smiles down at me, and we go back to talking with Dexter and Nick. 

"Hey, I think I'm going to head out for the night."

"I can drive you back, kitten."

"No. I know I said when I want to leave we leave, but you're having a great time with the two of them. Stay. I'll be fine."

"Are you sure? How are you going to get back?"

"I can get a taxi, idiot. I'm getting tired, and I have things I need to get done. I have a busy day tomorrow too."

"I have no problem driving you."

"Brixton. I promise I'll be alright. I get a taxi. Do you want to stay out?"

"Yes, but-"

"No buts. Stay out. I'm a big girl."

"I know you are, but I'm a gentleman."

"Do the gentlemanly thing and let me take care of myself. I had to get to the sorority by myself before I met you. I think I can do it again, without your help."

Brixton reluctantly nods his head.

"Can we hang tomorrow?"

"Probably not. Danny and I are going to go and find me an apartment, and then I have to pack my things."

"I can help you with that."

"I'll let you know, but I might take some time to myself. Have a me day."

"I would never stop you from that. Have a great day taking care of yourself."

"Thank you. Talk soon?"

"Yeah. I'll call you drunk, alright?"

"You better not because I'm not taking you home."

"You wouldn't? That fucking hurts."

"My bed means more to me than you ever will. I've got my priorities straight."

He chuckles and gives me a sultry smile. Heat shoots to my cheeks, and I blush which only spreads the smile across Brixton's face. I can feel Dexter and Nick eyeing the two of us as we practically give each other suggestive eyes. I turn away from Brixton's intense glare and face the two other boys.