I'll Hurt Her

He hands me the first box, and I open it to find a picture frame with quotes from one of my favorite books, The Book Thief. I launch myself at Brixton, hugging him tight. He chuckles and reaches for the other box. He hands it to me, and I open it up greedily. It's a box full of books. Full series, some just stand-alones, and I cry. I literally sit there and cry. Happy tears of course. I have never gotten such a good gift. He knows me so well that I almost hate him for it.

"I love it. I love you. Thank you so much. My gift seems completely horrible compared to this."

"Go get it, kitten."

"I can't top this."

I play with the bracelet that he got me before, and Brixton stops my hand.

"It's going to be perfect."

I reach under the bed and pull out the small present.

"It's not as big as yours, but I hope you like it."

I reluctantly hand it to him, and Brixton rips it open, not being able to have any patience. He pulls out the ring and gives me a look.

"You aren't proposing, right?"

"No. I-It's stupid."

"What?"

"It's a promise ring. I know it seems cliché and it is, so it doesn't matter."

"You got me a promise ring?"

"Well, yeah. Usually it's the guy giving it to the girl, but I wanted to give one to you. It's weird, I know. But I love you, and I promise to spend every day of my life loving you. You've done so much for me, and I swear that I'll be there for you, every step of the way. I just love you so much. I thought it would be romantic."

"It's incredibly romantic, and I love it."

"You do?"

"Of course I do."

He slides it onto his right ring finger.

"I know it should be on my left, but it's not an engagement ring."

"Let's not give anyone any ideas. Plus I was hoping you would put it there, so I would have a place for your wedding ring."

"You are incredible. Now my gifts seem dumb."

"Are you kidding? These are the best gifts you could have possibly given me ever. I'm worried you won't be able to top this in the future."

"We'll just have to wait and see."

"I guess we will."

"And by the way, don't ever propose to me."

"Wait, why?"

"I want to be the one to propose to you."

Brixton kisses me on the lips and throws the books onto the floor. And when I tell you I have never had that much pleasure, I'm not kidding.

Two Weeks Later:

Brixton P.O.V.

"Kitten, you look so pretty."

"Brixton. I'm just going to class."

"I know, but you look amazing."

"Thank you. You look handsome as always."

I press a kiss to her lips, trying to get Reign to skip class just this once.

"Stay with me...please."