Asshole of a Nurse

"Houston is my twin brother. Fraternal twin. He told me about it when it was too late because he knows about us and everything else."

For a second I have nothing to say. Nothing at all. And then it hits. A sense of betrayal. Almost the exact betrayal I felt from his brother. The smile drops from my face, a harder look taking over my face. I move my body farther from Brixton's as I peel his warm jacket off of my shoulders. I would rather freeze than deal with this jackass.

"I'm so fucking sorry, kitten. I never meant to hurt you. You mean everything to me-"

"Shut up. Just shut the fuck up."

Tears sting at my eyes.

"I trusted you, Brixton. I told you things about me that know one should ever know. I told you about my parents."

"I'm not going to tell anyone."

"Why should I believe you? You lie and you lie and you lie. Everything about you is a lie. For once in your god awful life, tell me one thing. One honest thing."

"Yes. Anything."

"Why lead me on? Why do this to me?"

"I fell in love with you, Reign. I fell in love and everything changed. I wasn't supposed to. I wasn't supposed to fall in love with the girl that Grady was trying to get at. But I did...and I'm sorry."

"Sorry isn't going to change anything. Sorry isn't going to change the fact that you lie."

"I love you, Reign."

"And I don't give a shit. You lied about who you're related to. You probably knew about the bet weeks before right now. You know me better than anyone and yet you lie. So leave. Get out of my sight. Get out!"

I toss Brixton's sweatshirt back at him. He catches it clumsily, his hands shaking. I see tears fall down his cheeks. I shake my head at the pathetic sight. If he thinks I need him, he's in for a big surprise.

"Reign, please."

"You have no right to ask me anything. You have no right to beg."

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I let you down."

"I can't forgive you."

"I'm not asking you to, not yet anyway. I just can't stand you looking at me like that."

"I can't stand that you are a liar. You are more like your brother than you realize."

Brixton's face turns cold as stone. I look away from him, not being able to handle the emotional pain of seeing his face. His beautiful, lying ass face. I need to get out of here. I look both ways before crossing the street, but my eyes are so blurry, I don't see the car coming around the corner. I don't realize how fast it's going. I turn to face the lights, but it's too late. I feel a hard impact on the side of my body and my head slams against the ground. I hear a scream.

"Reign! No, no, no. Don't leave me. Please don't leave me. Fuck!"

Things start to fade as I tilt my head as much as I can towards the voice. My eyes blink closed, voices still being heard around me.

"Don't close your eyes. I'm begging you, please. Please, Reign."

Then comes the darkness.

Brixton P.O.V.

I don't know what to do with myself as I hold her tight against my chest. My heart beats loud against my ribcage. I try to keep her eyes open but nothing works. I can hear screaming all around me, but I can't comprehend anything. The woman I'm in love with is unconscious. She could be dead.