Look At That Ass

"I want to apologize. I'm sorry. I was wrong. I think you're incredibly smart, kind, strong, and beautiful. I was pushing you away, and I shouldn't have done that. I just haven't felt the way I feel towards you with anyone ever. You're irresistible, and I want to know you. I was creating a barrier..."

"Like I do. I know, and it's okay. As a disclaimer, you're probably going to have to work very hard to-to get me to open up."

"I am willing to listen to you and support you and do things with you. That's why I think the bucket list would be fun to do."

"I think so too. I might have overreacted a little, so I apologize too."

"You're right though. You don't need me, but I want you to want to spend time with me."

"And I do. You have to remember that you have a girlfriend, so spend time with her too. Okay?"

Brixton's attitude switches as I mention Jenny. His eyes harden, becoming almost blank. I involuntarily scrunch my nose. Brixton's eyes soften as he looks at my facial expression, taking my hand in his.

"You are such a kitten."

"Oh, shut up. Idiot."

"So I'm either 'idiot' or 'brown eyes'?"

"Yes. The nickname changes with each situation."

"Got it. You'll always be a kitten though."

"A kitten with sharp ass claws."

He nods in agreement, steering me towards his car.

"Have you been waiting for me the whole time?"

"No, but I came to pick you up."

"How did you know when I was going to leave? Or that I hadn't left already?"

"I asked the librarian if she saw you leave. I figured she would have seen you. Are you glad you live in your own apartment?"

"Totally. I'm not questioned by anyone now."

"I get that. No one asks you where you've been."

"Yeah, and I don't get tortured by pink nail polish."

Brixton smirks, opening the passenger door of the car. I get into the car and thank Brixton as I buckle my seat belt. He walks around the back of the car, getting in his seat, and turning on the car. I nod my head in satisfaction as the engine rumbles sexily. Holy shit, I love this car. When I turn to look at Brixton, a genuine smile has coated his face.

He turns on the radio for us to find that, fortunately, The White Stripes are playing. I hum and sing to the rock songs as they come on, one right after another. Soon the two of us are singing at the top of our lungs, sounding completely horrible, but we don't care. I'm so glad I'm officially moved out of the sorority house. Now, I just need a car.

"Can I just park in front of your building?"

"Yeah. That should be fine for the one minute you're going to be here."

He pulls into his spot, turning off the car as soon as he parks his car right where it needs to be.

"I never got to thank you for last night. So, thank you. You were the first person my drunk self thought to call."

"It's not a big deal, but please don't make it a habit."

"No way. Have a good sleep, kitten."

"You too, brown eyes."

I lean over the seat, kissing his cheek softly before opening the passenger door. Brixton smiles up at me and waves goodbye to me as I walk up to the front gate. He waits to go inside until I'm on the porch and about to walk in the house. I give him one last smile before disappearing inside.