Noah Henderson

1969 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray above

Brixton has the same last name as Houston. That must be a coincidence. They aren't related. They are totally different people and look wise, they look nothing alike.

"I'm sorry to cause you any trouble."

"No, please. I'm sorry you were locked in a closet all night."

"All night?"

"Do you have anyone you can call?"

"I live right next door, so I'll just make my way over there."

His eyes widened in surprise.

"Can I walk you over?"

"If you want, but it's really no big deal."

"Is there anything you need?"

"I did have cookie dough ice cream, but someone probably stole that from me, so no. Thank you though."

Brixton clenches his jaw, shaking his head at the same time. He takes my hand and helps me stand up on my feet. I give him a small smile before exiting the closet. Relief floods over me like nothing I have ever felt before. Instead of allowing the looks from the other boys to get to me, I walk through them. I can feel Brixton following behind me. What I don't realize is that he's glaring at every single one of them. Once I hit the fresh air, I feel so much better.

"So, Reign. What year are you?"

"Second year. You?"

"Fourth year."

"Wow. You like it there?"

"I'm kind of like the leader in that frat house."

"So you're telling me that you allow your brothers or whatever to lock girls in closets?"

"I didn't know they did that."

"You aren't going a very job at your fucking job. Next time, isn't of making out with a girl against a wall, you might want to get your brothers in fucking check before they really hurt someone."

"Look, I'm sorry alright. I didn't know."

"Isn't it part of your job to know what your brothers are doing?"

Brixton doesn't say anything for a second.

"That's what I fucking thought, Brixton. Thanks for letting me out, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Have a good day, and leave me the fuck alone."

I storm across the perfectly mowed grass and make my way inside the sorority house. I hear my stomach grumble, and I quickly make my way to the kitchen. I eat an apple with peanut butter before heading upstairs to get a shower. I say hi to all the girls I pass, but per usual, I get no reply back. I thought sororities were supposed to support each other and be sisterly. That is not true. I feel more like an outsider the longer I'm here. I hear a knock on the front door of the building. The girls squeal quietly, so I have to go see who it is.

"Brixton's here."

Why is he here?

"Hello, ladies. I'm just picking up my girl."

What?

"You are so sweet, Brix. Jenny will be here in just a second."

Yep. That seems about right.

"Move out of the way, freak."

That also seems about right. I'm definitely in the right place full of bitches. Brixton's eyes land on me for a second before turning to Jenny. She's absolutely gorgeous. He's absolutely gorgeous. They are also both liars and assholes. They really deserve each other. He's just like all the other guys. I nod my head in understanding.