Twinkle In Her Eyes

I smile as I finish the letter. That was something I really needed. Damn. He's the best boyfriend ever. We haven't even been dating for that long. I place the card next to the presents on the bed and unwrap the one that I'm guessing is the care package. When I open it, a smile lights up my face. Cinnamon candles, hot chocolate packets with a books mug, a box of sixty eight Hershey's king size chocolate bars, and rom com movies lay on the top.

I pull those out of the top to see the Fifty Shades Trilogy and the Me Before You Trilogy. What a sneaky man. I laugh some more as I pull those out to find clothes of his. Two sweatshirts, gray sweatpants, his boxers, and two pairs of socks. The last item at the bottom are two books called Love Letters Of Great Men Vol. 1 and 2 from Sex and the City.

Damn, he's good. I open the volume one to see that he's marked and written in the margins of his favorite parts and poems that he particularly enjoys. He ever added his own in the front and back blank pages. Fucking hell. He did so good. I think I might cry. Happy tears of course. This is so romantic, and I love it so much. I love him so much.

I place the things from box one to the side and open the other surprise one. When I open it, I almost die. Not exaggerating at all. I think I almost have a heart attack. It's rose galore. Herbivore Botanicals Coco Rose Body Polish, Rose Atlantic Perfume (my favorite brand), Nourish Organic Rejuvenating Rose Butter from Thrive Market, rosewater. The whole rose package. Of course I won't wear them all at the same time, but I love the smell of roses and my natural scent goes really well with it.

Once I pull all those presents out, and find a small box read for me to open. Within the box, there's a little note from Brixton and a white bracelet.

I hope you have liked your presents so far, this one is a Classic Crown Distance Bracelet. I have the black one with a silver crown, and you have white with a gold crown. Matchy matchy. I love you, kitten.

I pull it out of my smaller box, and I instantly put it on. The last two items completely blow me away. It's an A-Line, split front, rose gold/pink long dress with gold heels. I have no idea when I'm going to wear it, but I can't wait. I place everything neatly back in the box, not wanting to mess anything up but being too lazy to put it all away yet. I pick up from my phone and call Brixton.

"Hello, kitten."

"Thank you for the gifts. I don't know how to thank you."

"You could spend the night with me. We could have a sleepover."

"A sleepover with no sleep."

"Yeah, doesn't it sound fun?"

"No. I now have the Fifty Shades Trilogy."

"I was thinking we could read them together. That and the Love Letters Of Great Men volumes."

"I really do love it. Thank you so much. I'm serious about repaying you with something."

"It's a gift, kitten. You don't need to repay me at all."

"More than one gift. You spend so much time on everything and-"

"You are all I need. Though the offer for sleeping over is still open."

I giggle as I lay down on my bed.

"How was your day, brown eyes?"

"It was good, but I was thinking about you all day."

"I hate to say it, but I wasn't really thinking about you."

"You have a lot to comprehend."

"Yeah, I do, but I've decided to distance myself from my parents. I asked myself if my mind and it's health could handle a relationship with my parents without extreme destruction and the answer was no. So, unfortunately, I have to do what's best for me."