chapter 1

Judgement day.

The stupid sound of my alarm brought me back from heaven just when the gate had been opened, just when I wanted to enter but that traumatic song brought me back.

I groaned while picking up my pillow angrily, turning to my side, I covered my ear with my pillow but 'Power' by Little Mix resounded through the room again. Just a sound from that song could bring you from wherever you are.

Exasperatedly, I threw my pillow across the room and I could hear the sound from the corner of my room and then I got up from the bed only to see my pillow beside my laundry loop. I ignored it and walked to the alarm, after switching it off, I ruffled my hair.

It was the first day of resumption which was also a judgement day; the day all students dreaded in JANU College. In my school, we had two judgement days; the last day of school and the first day of school, a new beginning and a new class, today being the latter, I didn't want to go to school considering the fact I was aware of my judgement and the stupid things we do on the first day of resumption but due to our welcome test which I wouldn't want to miss for anything, I had to get prepared for school.

I staggered into my bathroom and splashed water on my face before ambling to my Mom's room. Opening the door widely, the room was empty, apparently she didn't come home last night then, home was like a second option to her, it wasn't the first time so I just sighed in disappointment and walked to the living room.

After tuning the juke box  that was on the glass centre table to 'Treat you better' by Shawn Mendes, I increased the volume to the peak not minding if it would wake the whole neighbourhood and then decided to prepare breakfast, walking to the kitchen which I felt the warmness as I entered, I switched on the light and looked around our medium sized U-shape kitchen, after heating the fish stew I'd prepared last night, I parboiled the rice and decided to get dressed while the rice boiled.

I sang along with the jukebox and danced under the shower in ecstasy, earlier, I'd been grumpy before my mood changed. It wasn't long before I got dressed in my uniform; a white short sleeved top and blue pleated skirt that outlined my curves and added to my beauty, yes, I know I'm beautiful, if you like say otherwise, it's your problem, all I know is that I'm the most beautiful girl I've ever known, then I arranged my bag before going to the kitchen.

A minute after I got to the kitchen, the horn from my carpool filled the atmosphere. Why is this AY early today gan? Hastily, I packed my lunch bag that contained two coolers of rice and a big water bottle. He kept on blaring his horn and I hissed scathingly as I sprinted back to my room and picked my bag before carrying my lunch bag.

After placing the key under the flower vase, I walked out of the compound.

"This one that you're cat walking yii," AY shouted and I eyed him before dumping my bags in the boot.

"Kikiopefoluwa!" the only stupid person that could call my name like that shouted as soon as I got into the car. I shook my head and smiled before she engulfed me in a hug as AY started the car.

"Bimpe, don't choke me oo," I joked, and she pushed me away, I smiled at her while taking in her look, she'd gotten prettier as her white teeth shone brightly and nicely, it presented her beautiful eyes and long eyelashes unlike mine, perfect nose that always made guys fall for her, but she doesn't give a damn about any guy, her lips were pale pink and almost invisible. I pulled her soft ear so far she was someone who never wore earrings right from birth and as such her ears were enjoyable to play with.

She opened her small mouth to talk but someone beat her to it, it was none other than my closest friend.

"You won't greet us abi," Khalid joked as he pushed Bimpe to the back,  that gave me a clearer view of him, well, he wasn't that much different so far I'd seen him almost everyday throughout the holidays, she eyed him before resting on the chair.