chapter 41

KHALID

"So, what do you think about having a family hangout?" My mom asked as she sat at the edge of my bed, my dad had just stepped out of my room after they'd both wished me a happy birthday. For the first time in how many years, they remembered my day.

"My friends would be coming during the day to celebrate my birthday, and I won't miss that for anything," I told her, and she nodded though I didn't miss the flash of hurt in her eyes.

"Okay then, have a good night rest, I'm off," she stood up and smiled at me before walking out of my room.

I sighed before hearing the sounds from my phone, it was just 12, so, messages would surely be flooding.

Picking up my phone, different messages welcomed me, so, I just decided to read the one from the only person in my mind.

To the one who has been my best friend for years, my partner in crime and the one who shares a weird personality like mez happy birthday from the one who knows all your annoying habits but still loves you anyway 💖💖💖

A wide smile crept up my face as I read the message again before I scrolled to other messages then I checked people's status to reply to those wishing me before I saw Kikiope's status, she'd posted a lot of funny pictures right from when I was young till the one we took yesterday, I smiled before remembering what had happened during the game yesterday.

The sound from my phone snapped me out of my thoughts, picking it, I realized it was Kikiope.

"Hey, stupid boy, Happy birthday!" She shouted from the other end and I chuckled.

"Thanks."

"Prepare for our coming today oo."

"Sure."

"Good then, abi you want me to sing a birthday song for you."

I smiled, "You'll do that when you come."

"Alright oo, dream of your lovely Abimbola," she jested before cutting the call without waiting for my response.

I laughed at her statement before dumping my phone on the bed, time to sleep.

I felt something cold on my bed but decided to ignore it, it wasn't until I felt the splash of water on my face did I open my eyes.

"Gosh!" I groaned while getting up from the cold bed.

Kikiope smirked at me, "So, you didn't want to wake up abi?"

"So, pouring water on my bed would wake me abi?"

She rolled her eyes, "It's 10 already and you're still sleeping, anyway, others are outside waiting for you oo."

I raised my brows, "You mean everyone?"

"Noo, half, better go and take your bath and join us," she snorted before walking out of the room while I stood up, I turned back to look at my wet bed before going into the bathroom.

After my hygiene, I got dressed in a white T-shirt and black shorts before my eyes caught the wristwatch Kikiope had given me for the Valentine, I smiled before walking out of the room to meet my friends who were now watching TV and shouting.

"Happy birthday!" They all shouted immediately they noticed my presence.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," I bowed playfully, and they all laughed before I joined Kikiope on the love seat.

"The rate at which you guys have been jumping the fence lately, you should consider being burglars oo," I jested while looking at Doyin and Abee who were sitting on the three seater opposite me.